// 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 (it echoes in the silence)

you guys got so mad at me for that cliffhanger at the end of the last chapter that i had to make it up to you by getting this out quickly

you guys got so mad at me for that cliffhanger at the end of the last chapter that i had to make it up to you by getting this out quickly. i hope you like the ending ;D

★ ─── 悪役

The discussions of students sounded from every direction, eyes flicking over to the one student as they all uttered the same name; Lila Rossi.

Obviously new, as [Y.Name] had never heard of her before, and already making a name for herself. The stories he'd caught the endings of made her out to be a multi-talented genius with many connections in different parts of the workforce. All of it is a little too good to be true.

And yet, no one seemed to have any follow-up questions, believing in the newcomer wholeheartedly, tipping [Y.Name] off that Lila might be a little more underhanded in her tactics than he first assumed.

Underhanded was the completely wrong word, however, when he finally came face to face with the girl. Her intentions were plain as day.

Lila was hanging off of Adrien's arm when he got his first proper look at her. Her outfit of choice was interesting—a short spotted jumpsuit over unflattering grey leggings, and a bright blazer to top it off—but frankly, a poor sense of fashion was not unusual for the students at this school.

On the thought of poor fashion, [Y.Name] shifted to look at Adrien, whose expression was a mix of bewildered and taut as he tried to brave the thick of Lila's flirting.

[Y.Name] placed a gentle hand on his shoulder blade and greeted the girl with a smile. "Hey, I don't think we've had the chance to get acquainted yet. I'm [Y.Name]. You must be Lila."

She returned his smile with forced enthusiasm. "Oh, so you're [Y.Name]. I've heard your name come up a few times, and now I can put a face to it. Nice to meet you." Her hands fell from their raised position, taking Adrien's with her as she had been holding it already.

Lila didn't make a move to shake his hand, so [Y.Name] didn't budge either.

"Lila was just asking if I could help her catch up on her studies. Did you wanna join us?" Adrien offered.

Instead of answering, [Y.Name] asked his own question. "Don't you have something on later?"

"Yeah, I do. It won't take too long, though. Is that alright, Lila?"

[Y.Name] shot her a curt glare, threatening her to say otherwise. Lila's nose scrunched in annoyance but flattened out rather quickly. "Of course not. I'll meet you in the library in a few."

He watched her for a brief second before turning away. "I have a quick errand to run first, but I'll pop in later."

"That's—that's cool. Um... [Y.Name], could you please move your hand?"

Looking at where his hand was, he didn't notice how low it had slipped as he had relaxed his arm, teetering on a fine line between the small of his back and accidentally trying to cop a feel.