ix. regalia

"You weren't invited." Jophiel laughs.

Lucifer looks over to her, seeing that she has begun to warm up to being around him again. It helped him feel better about the current situation, although he didn't want Jophiel to feel torn between two separate halves of her family. 

"Shouldn't we begin the next portion of the Regalia?" Lilith said, attempting to avoid any more 'sweet' moments between the siblings. 

The two remaining kings nod their heads, "Of course," One of them said.

"You will need to receive the thirty pieces of silver from Judas Iscariot." 

While Jophiel stood back, she began to hear Lucifer.

"Try joining Sabrina--You can take her place on the thrown." 

After the king explained the challenge, he allowed Jophiel to speak. 

"Jophiel, do you have anything to say?" 

"I do," She smiled, "I would like to join Sabrina's team. I can get the silver quicker than she." 

"How do expect to do that?" Lilith asked in a condescending tone. 

"Judas asked God for forgiveness, he had given the silver to the Chief Priests, but his betrayal was far too bad for my Father to forgive." 

"-So?" 

"So that means the silver is in possession of Heaven." 

"I thought it was buried with Vlad the-" Caliban questioned.

"Sort of." Jophiel explains, "But it's far too hard for me to explain, I barely understand myself."

"So why are you joining her?" Caliban questions. 

"I-" She looks over towards him, for some reason butterflies began to flutter in the pit of her stomach, "It's just I know Sabrina's intent, she doesn't want to overrule my home." 

"I told you that I wouldn't do that to you." 

"Caliban, sir." She sighs, "You barely know me, I barely know you. I trust Sabrina wholeheartedly, if I knew you better the situation would possibly be different." 

Lucifer smiled at the logic, he was proud she knew what she was doing. 

"So I've already lost?"

"I wouldn't necessarily say that you've lost." She smiled, "Things may work out for you." 

"What does that mean?" 

"Just stay positive, you never know what will happen." 

"You've already decided you're going to Heaven to take the silver and Sabrina's getting it." Caliban said with a frown, "She's won." 

Jophiel shrugged her shoulders and discretely winked at him.

"Caliban, trust me on this." She prayed to him, "This will work out."

He jumped ever so slightly and cocked his head to the side. He had left it at that and didn't say much else. 

"May we begin?" Jophiel asked, looking over the kings. She was essentially running Hell already. 

Before anyone could answer, Caliban began walking away. He'd left the room completely by the time the Asmodeus announced that they'd begin. Jophiel felt her heart break, she didn't want Caliban to feel like he'd lost. She was somehow developing feelings for him only after a few days. 

She wasn't even supposed to feel these types of feelings. 

"Jophiel?" Lucifer said, "Hello?" He snapped. 

"Huh?" She looked back over at him, "What did you say?" 

"Sabrina asked you a question." 

"What is it, Sabrina?" 

"Are you really going to help me?" She asked.

"Of course," Jophiel smiled, "I just need to go to Heaven." 

She looked over to Lucifer, "I'll be back, I promise." 

He smiled sympathetically, seeing that it did bother her a tad to go back and forth and hide it. 

"Be careful, angel." 

When she snapped her fingers, she was in the thrown room. No one was around, her Father wasn't in his chair either. 

"Hello?" She yelled. 

She heard footsteps coming around the corner, when she turned around she felt her heart drop. 

"Michael?" 

He had his sword with him, which never happened. Only if there was some sort of threat. 

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"What are you hiding?" 

"I-" Her face twisted into shock, "I don't understand." 

"Have you been working with Lucifer?" 

"No, sir. I promise I haven't." 

He stepped closer, inches away from her face. 

"Father has evidence otherwise," He said sternly, "You're being placed in custody until you can either prove yourself innocent or admit to what you've done."

"Bu" A tear slipped out of her eye, "I'm sorry, Michael." 

"Don't cry, Jophiel. I feel awful for being the one to do this, but Father warned you many years ago. You're old enough to know better." 

She tried to speak but her tears got in the way. She couldn't hold them back, "Michael, I'm so sorry. Please, let me make this up to yo-"

"I'm afraid I cannot do that for you darling." 

-

please make sure to vote and comment. thank you guys