𝟙𝟟

Bucky continued to explain, "I just don't know if I'm ready for all the reactions and things that come with the crimes I've committed. You know someone like Tony is going to be afraid I'll hurt you."

"I know you would never hurt me," I whispered.

Bucky kissed my forehead and pulled me into his arms, "of course doll."

Hugging him back, I asked him what he'd like to do.

"Well, I think it'd be best to talk to someone like Tony first and see what he thinks of the whole deal. And if that goes well, we can tell the rest of the avengers. I don't want to make this public before they all know and approve."

"That sounds like a good plan to me, and I understand now why you were concerned about it... Just for the record though, I like you for you as well, no matter what you have done in the past." I smiled and hugged him tighter.

Peeking over at the clock, I pulled away from his embrace, "let's get some breakfast okay? I'll talk to Tony about meeting with him later and text you the details."

Bucky got up and I followed suit, stealing one last kiss before escaping out the door and back into my own room.

When I got out into the common room a few minutes later, I noticed that Bucky had already gotten there and was eating his breakfast. As to not make a scene, I didn't go out of my way to say hi to him, or anyone in particular. Instead, I got my food and sat in my normal spot on the couch. Taking note when Tony did the briefing for the day, I decided to ask him right after breakfast to meet him that afternoon when Bucky and I both had about a bit of free time.

As the meal finished, I followed Tony down the hallway toward his lab and mentioned that I'd like to ask him something. We walked into his lab and I shut the door behind me. Tony sat down on the edge of his desk, "What's up (y/n)?"

"I'd like to ask you about something later when I have some more time. It's about the Bucky thing..." I trailed off, not wanting to discuss further until Buck was there.

Tony gave me a look, questioning the rest of the story but answered anyway, "alright, and I assume you'd like to bring him with you for this discussion."

I nodded, heading back towards the door, "I've got to go train now, but can we meet back here later?"

Tony stood up, walking back around his lab table, and agreed, "I'll be here."