𝟙𝟠

Right on cue that afternoon, Bucky knocked on the door to Tony's lab.

"Come in!" Tony called.

Walking into the lab, I squeezed Bucky's hand and gave him a smile. He returned the actions, then dropped my hand and turned to face Tony's desk.

Tony swiveled around to face us, eating a pouch of blueberries. Clearing his throat and leaning back in the chair, he started the conversation, "I'm guessing, and usually I'm good with this kind of thing, that you want to talk about a relationship of some sort?"

Bucky spoke up first, "yes sir, I'd really like to be with her. If that's okay with you..." he paused, looking for Tony's reaction, but seeing nothing negative he continued, "she's been there for me whenever no one else has, she's the only one whos been able to calm my nightmares, I'd never hurt her, and I'm just very glad she's a part of my life."

Tony looked to me, so I added in my thoughts, "I know you've been wary about it since you figured out I liked him that day in the hall, but I really care about him, and it would mean a lot to me if you'd be okay with us"

Putting down his pouch of food, Tony stood up and walked around the desk, "alright. So here's the deal."

He leaned on the edge of the desk and pointed to Bucky, "I'm still not fully over the killing of the parents' thing..."

Bucky looked like he was going to cry, so I took a hold of his hand. This didn't go unnoticed by Tony, who continued,

"...but, I'm going to give you this chance to, ya know, prove to me you're beyond all that."

I felt a smile grow on my face, and Bucky clearly had one too.

"Two more things," Tony added, pointing a finger between us, "this cannot affect work. We've got jobs to do, and I cannot have you two going off and... fondueing or whatever the fuck Cap calls it."

I stifled a laugh with my hand and I saw Bucky roll his eyes at his best friend's weird slang term.

"You've got a deal Tony," I said, so happy he was going to let us be together.

"Deal." Bucky added, squeezing my hand.

Tony got up and walked towards us, lowering his voice a little, "Deal made. Now I don't know how you wanted to tell everyone else, but I'm having the whole Avengers crew for a party on Friday, and you two could make a little announcement or something."

Bucky looked down at me, and I shrugged, not sure if he'd want to do that or not, he looked back to Tony, "We'll talk about it."

Tony smiled, sticking out his hand, "sounds good to me. Treat (y/n) well."

Letting me go, Bucky shook Tony's with his real hand, "thank you so much,"

Tony gave him a little smile, and then turned to me, "can you stay here for a minute? I want to talk to you."

I nodded and turned to Bucky, who kissed the top of my head and went out to meet up with Steve, Sam, and Clint, for their newest training exercise.

Tony went back to his spinning chair and picked up the pouch, "Blueberry?"

I shook my head, laughing at his love for food, "Don't like them."

He opened a minifridge under his desk, "strawberries?"

"Yes, please" I responded, catching the pouch when he threw it toward me. I went forward and leaned on the side of the desk, pulling out one of the fruits and popping it in my mouth.

"How are you with spider children....?"