Chapter Sixteen

Rebellion was inevitable. Some claimed that Tim only wanted their weakness exposed so he himself could take over the packs. It was whispered – rather loudly – that he was going to bring down the alphas and rule them all because he was part of the wayward pack. Some even went as far as changing into wolves and charging at him; to which he let them pin him to the ground. He let them wound him and he watched as Myco or Aliysha took control over their own packs. To fight back would be to show them he was a threat. It would take away the opportunity for Myco or Aliysha, or even Ray, to discipline their packs and so would reaffirm this suspicion that Tim was trying to take over.

                So it was with great calmness that Tim was hurled to the floor day after day, spoken over, glared at and had insults thrown at him. He bore it with a patient that had Tendra walking away. She could not bear his indifferent expression or see him willingly get hurt. All the alphas knew he was capable of doing great damage to those who attacked him. Everyone knew, but those who hated him used his peaceful nature against him knowing they could get away with it.

                The sense of family had long since gone and even within a single pack there were quarrels and arguments. Only Tim’s pack remained tight. His new and old members had merged into a community and they took turns in walking around after him. They would be there to protect him if ever one of the other alphas weren’t not there to take charge of their subordinates. The dedication of his pack was startling to behold. He hadn’t ever felt like this before. Tim found that he was immensely proud of them and their skills, and the smallest accomplishment; even just one of the youngest climbing one story higher than he had previously, felt like his own child had achieved a great prize. Being Alpha came with a lot of benefits, it felt like he was an over protective, happy and proud father.

                His own pack’s fighters were good but while he led them in exercises to improve their strength and taught them some martial arts to improve flexibility, in human form he referred them to Lebon for human fighting techniques. It ended up turning into a circuit around the compound, with Lebon doing hand to hand combat training, Myco doing wolf form fighting, Tim improving the physical human body while Ray focused on strategy and Aliysha began attempting to teach others to do what he and his pack could do; that part was however proving a little futile. It seemed the Cicatrices pack were completely unique brought together by their horrific experiences and so in the end Aliysha concentrated more on the training of his own pack for their own ability. All credit to him though he didn’t give up on those that had shown some initial progress.

                The compound itself was rigged for battle, always had been, and while it had been improved for comfort since the merge, there was very little to do to strengthen their already robust stronghold.  Tendra trained with some of the other women, the men wouldn’t fight them properly insisting they would not hit a woman but they were trained in fighting none the less. They did their own fighting and Tim had insisted they focus on their wolf forms as that would be their strongest. There were only a few females wolves left and they were actually very good. He was surprised; having never seen females fight he was rather shocked that they too could be so brutal. He was never getting on the wrong side of what seemed like beautiful and graceful women. Their grace only made it harder to knock them to the ground. He had tried, for a laugh, and while he checked his punches before they made contact he spent a good while trying to get the female he was competing against, to the ground. He was just as pleased with their skill as he was with the men but he was always aware of those who did not come to his training area of the circuit. The rebellious wolves did not join in with him working together on their own. They even talked when he began telling them of his plans.

                It would not help in the long run if they had a split defence but he was preparing for that eventuality as well. He had been in quiet, whispered talks with the alphas on what to do should their packs divide. The Alphas were furious, almost beyond angry, at the members. They threatened to send them away, to banish them from the pack and make them either rogue or forced to find another pack they were more inclined to obey. Tim stopped their harsh punishment though.