Part 2

I didn't have much time to dwell because it quickly caught up to me that I had a limited amoutn of time to be out. I hurried out the door and down the street. Another store soon called me in with bright colors as I was looking down the road. It was a clothing store. I picked out quite a few outfits and went to try them on. I had found some that I wanted to buy. They were a cropped, pastel-rainbow block shirt to be paired with black, high-waisted shorts that had two columns of silver buttons from top to bottom on the front of each leg and then a tight, brown, sleeveless dress that stopped at about mid-thigh and that was to go over a beige, cotton, sweater that had puffy sleeves. I went to the cashier to pay for the clothes and I saw the two guys from the coffee shop earlier. At that moment, it felt like an amazing coincidence because I got to see them again and, trust me, they were beautiful. I paid and walked out with a smile on my face. I felt a rumble in my stomach. I had just eaten about two hours ago and I was going to go to another store but I guess my stomach had different plans for me. Unwillingly, I marched around until I found a restaurant I was happy with. It was an italian place and I was craving cheesy bread and spagetti. I walked in, a little embarrassed because I was alone, and I asked for a table for one. I felt it rewarding for me to have kept my hair down when I had to sit down by myself. I was going to start scrolling through my phone but then I remember that I had picked up a book earlier and was excited to continue reading it. I opened my bag from the bookstore and grabbed my book, except it wasn't my book.

I examined it for a bit and saw that it was a journal that I didn't buy. I wondered how it could have ended up in my bag for a while and was a little shocked when I realized the waitress had been standing right there, waiting for me to respond with what I wanted to order. I quickly set the journal down and told her what I wanted. She walked away and I immediately reached for the journal again to try and figure out how it ended up with me. I opened it up to see if it had any words in it. The pages were blank but there was a note between the cover and the front page that said, "Track your journey from today and on. Remember the moments that make you happy and let out the ones that bring you down. Treasure this book with all of your heart for it is the only story that truly matters." A smile lit up my face as I read. I had assumed this was left for me by one of the staff at the orphanage. It made more sense now, why they let us go out "by ourselves". They must have been sent out to roam around town as well and keep somewhat of an eye on us. I decided to take note of every single thing I did and saw that day, how it made me feel. I wrote down everything from what I bought and where I went, to the guys I saw and what color their hair was. It may sound creepy or weird but I wanted to remember this day as vividly as I could so I would be able to look back at it in the future and feel the happiness I felt on this again.

The waitress soon came back with my meal and I looked at it with delight. I dug into my meal, not paying attention to what it may have made me look like. The orphanage tries hard to have good food but when there are so many kids, I understand how it can be hard to make meals that don't have to be warmed up in the microwave or served in a bag. I guess it's also cost efficient. When you combine the fact that I didn't usually eat much food because I didn't like it and how tasty the food in front of me was, it makes sense that I finished the whole plate pretty quickly despite the serving size. I was always hungry so it was sort of weird to feel this full. The only times I did were on special ocasions such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other special treats like today. The staff gave each of us some of their own money along with what we got from the orphanage's fund for this event so we had a fair amount of money, which is why I was able to afford everything. Before I put the money on the table after gathering it in my purse, I headed to the bathroom. I wasn't sure if they would have assumed I left if I had paid before going to the bathroom so I played it safe. I got a little lost so I went back to my table to try and find the waitress so I could ask her how to get to the bathroom. I was looking around and I saw the same people I had seen in the store and in the coffee shop. I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but at this point it felt like they were following me around. I wasn't really that creeped out by it, maybe I should have been. At the time, I guess I felt somewhat flattered that, if they had been following me which was not yet to my knowledge, a couple of people were paying so much attention to me. It could have also been entirely because they were attractive and, quite honestly, I had enjoyed the fact that I got to keep seeing their faces everywhere. I was also somewhat convinced that the staff had been placed around the town to keep a bit of an eye on everybody so I felt very safe, nothing could worry me.

-------------------------------------------------