Day 01 Part 03

D01:P03 [Part]

[Name] Haris|

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I'm sorry."

I threw myself inside the church, laying myself on the floor. In the middle of catching my breath, I was punched in the face.

"Asshole!" she shouted, continuing to punch me as she also continues saying that. "Asshole! Asshole! Asshole!"

The others started to stop her and succeeded. Idinura ko muna ang dugo at tsaka tinignan siya.

"Y-you... you could've h-helped her." Keandra sobbed. "She... she needed h-help. She asked help. But... but... y-you. You ran away. How... how could you?" She continued sobbing.

"She was bitten. Nobody can survive a zombie bite." I said. "Ask them. Tama ako diba?" I looked at Farhan and Lilly. Lilly looked away while Farhan nodded a little.

"See? That's the first thing you know in a zombie apocalypse." I stood up and shook the dirt out of my body.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT! Kayo mismo ang nagsabi na these zombies are upgraded! Think! What if may gamot! What if possible! What if may chance pa siyang mabuhay! Just admit it, Haris! You. Wanted her to die." panduduro ni Keandra sa'kin.

I chuckled. "Really, Keandra? You are going to shoot me some 'what if's'. That's idiocy. We cannot do anything that is uncertain. We cannot decide on uncertainty. We are in a survival game, Keandra. Hindi ito trial and error. Hindi 'to kapag palpak, pwede kang umulit. One wrong move, you're dead. Stick that on your mind." Natahimik sila, so I continued.

"Let's say I saved her. Easy peasy. Just lift her up till we reach the church. Basic. But 'think'. Think of the possibility of me, getting bitten, Keandra. The possibility of Cora, turning into a zombie, infiltrating the church and biting us all. Killing us all in layman's term, and none of us will win. Again, general knowledge, once you get bitten, you'll turn into a zombie. We cannot act just for the so-called 'benefit of the doubt', dahil sa larong ito, we should doubt. They may be 'upgraded', but that doesn't mean that they removed the prominent abilities they have. So now, we cannot sacrifice 18 lives just for one. Got it? I'm basically did that to save our lives." They still, stayed silent.

"Point taken. For now, shall we discuss some newly-discovered upgrades?" Farhan initiated and walked pass me, probably heading on the chairs.

"We shall." I looked intently at Keandra before turning my back on them, following Farhan.

▬▬▬▬▬▬