Day 01 Part 04

D01:P04 [Part]

[Name] Velaris|

▬▬▬▬▬▬

I was the one who followed Haris after that dramatic fight. I really don't get it though. I mean, they just met Cora 3 days ago. Why are they being sentimental on her?

They should actually be thankful because if it's not for her bravery, the zombie's modernization will not be discovered.

Before sitting down, I looked back at them. "Walk. And sit." I commanded them. "If you didn't get it yet, we are in a survival game. We could die, eternally. No respawns, no redo's, no restarts. We saw her being the delicious meal of the zombies right before our very own eyes, isn't that enough proof?" then I sat down.

It actually took a minute before they started gathering around. Napatingin ako kay Elliot na nakaupo sa window side.

"Are you gonna stay there?" Ten asked Elliot. Elliot continued sitting there with her legs near her chest while looking outside. Na parang nasa music video siya. Is she trying to be nostalgic?

"I'm listening." Again with her 2 words sentence.

"Uhm. Start na ba tayo?" Conner asked.

"Okay. Additional facts, Haris?" Dexter asked.

"Zombies enlarges with contact of fire. They absorb the fire and that makes them big." He started.

"Ang panget nila. Just sayin'" Margarette said.

"They're decayed, Margarette." Harley said with a 'duh' tone.

"Sabi ko nga."

"Tanong ko lang, diba may tinapon si Cora bago siya... alam n'yo na. Diba bombs 'yun? Bakit hindi sila lumaki? For sure nagcause ng apoy 'yun diba? Parang lumaki lang sila dahil sa flamethrower ni Cora." tanong ni Kira.

"Our sling bomb are mostly air bombs. They don't emit fire but causes small amount of force and if thrown in sets, it might even cause a huge force. But, unfortunately, mukhang ilan lamang ang naitapon ni Cora kaya hindi masyado naging impact ang sling bombs niya." Farhan said.

"The clusters of zombies going at her are also one of the reasons why the bombs weren't enough to push them all. More zombies need more force just like how you need to give extra efforts in carrying 10 books instead of one. In my calculation, she only threw 6 bombs." Dugtong ni Lilly.

These two are very useful. Malaman ang mga utak, interesting.

"I coordinated with Cora habang tumatakbo papuntang church. Binigyan niya ako ng anim na piraso ng sling bombs. It exploded when I threw it and I think they were pushed away in fair meters of distance. Bakit sila natulak? Pero ang mga humabol kay Cora kanina ay parang hindi naapektuhan? And if my guess is right, mukhang bawat summon niya sa weapon niya, 6 ang binibigay sa kaniya. So kung sinummon niya ito kanina, dapat napalayo rin sila gaya ng paglayo sila du'n sa pagtakbo. Pareho lang naman na madami ang zombies." Kevin said while holding Mignon's hand.

"Quantity isn't only the basis. I told you that the clusters of zombies are just one of reasons. While running earlier, the zombies were pushed because of the distance they had with each other. They probably are away from each other, probably a foot till a meter? That's why the force that came from the explosion pushed them individually. Again, because of the distance they had with one another. On the other hand, the bombs created less force in Cora's situation because they are in a very intimate distance, meaning, they are very close to each other making it hard to push them away. Another book reference, if you had 6 books that you position with a 1-foot distance, in order to push them, you need to push them one by one. That means you are able to push one book with just minimal force. However, if you stack them up, that minimal force you gave on that one book is not enough to push them all. Meaning, you need more force and effort. And meaning, those 6 sling bombs aren't enough to push the cluster, mass of zombies that tried to get Cora." Nakinig lamang kami habang nag-eexplain si Lilly.

"Wait, tissue tissue. Nosebleed ako." Margarette held her nose.

"Here!" Warren immediately moved and gave her a handkerchief.

"Hoy, joke lang! Di naman 'to mabiro!" natatawang sabi nito.

"Technically, you really can't have nosebleed just due to hearing people speaking in English. That's only an in—" Farhan was cut by Margarette.

"OO NA! Tigilan n'yo na ko sa mga sinasabi n'yo. Pinapasakit n'yo ulo ko." sabi nito.

"Please! Ano ba! Let's be serious!" Harley bursted.

"Chill! She's just lightening up the mood." Conner defended Margarette.

"Lightening up the mood?! A person died! Tama lang na hindi kami masaya ngayon! How could be so heartless and not respect the dead?! May gana pa kayong tumawa at magjoke?!" Keandra suddenly butted in. And I am just here, listening to their petty fights. It's tiring to be honest.

"Okay okay! Chill na kasi. Shut up na 'ko. Geez." sabi na lang ni Margarette.

"Uh o-kay? Other facts?" Ermelinde asked.

"They can be invisible? Diba biglang may humila kay Cora? Tapos lumitaw lang sila nung binaril ni Haris." Alan said.

"Okay, they are fast, gets bigger in fire tapos nagiging invisible but revealed when shot. Ano pa?" Kevin asked.

"They are smart. They waited until the perfect opportunity reveals itself. The only reason kung bakit naman bumaba si Cora ay dahil wala talagang lumalabas kahit ilang minuto na sila naghihhintay. They thought that the area is clear pero 'yun pala, zombies are disguising themselves na pala, waiting Cora to come to them instead na they will come to her." Harley said.

"Isa 'yan sa pinagtataka namin kanina, zombies have specific enhanced senses. Especially in the area of olfactory. Once they smell human flesh, they would do anything just to eat them. They can also have sharp hearing even though they are in meters of distance, so you need to be extremely silent. May sense of instinct din sila wherein when they felt that someone is within their proximity, they would go in that area." Haris explained.

"Wow, I didn't know that." Conner said.

"Obviously, you didn't study well." sabi lang ni Haris.

"Nag-aral naman ako hoy! Malay ko bang mapupunta tayo sa zombie apocalypse na laro!" he defended.

"Don't listen to him, he plays online games that involves zombies kaya madaming alam." Dexter said.

"At least I'm knowledgeable." Haris shrugged.

"Anything else?" tanong ni Elias.

"Tanong ko lang, usually diba, once na may mahuli silang tao, gaya ng sabi ni Haris, malakas ang senses sila kaya syempre, may huhuli sila. Pero ayun nga, diba, usually, kinakagat nila agad 'yun? Bakit kanina, parang hila lang sila ng hila?" Wow, Mignon talked!

"Congrats." I teased.

"They maybe, assuring themselves first na makuha nila ang target bago kagatin. Like how human made sure that they will eat rice with a proper meal. That's a possibility, but I am not sure. They might be certain reason dahil kakaiba naman talaga ang hindi agad na pagkagat ng mga zombies knowing their kind." Farhan explained.

"Once you are bitten by a zombie, you are already a zombie within a minute. Also, those zombies who became invisible are all wearing indigo and blue uniforms similar to ours but in a different color. Those who was running after us were wearing black uniforms. That might be a factor. By the way, Cora is outside the church. You might want to see her." Elliot's voice echoed through the church.

Napatingin kami sa kaniya at nakatingin pa rin siya sa labas. She stood up and went walked away to somewhere we didn't know.

We looked at each other with brows raised. Clearly shocked.

"Wow, hindi ko nga napansin na nakauniform sila." Ermelinde said.

"She's smart." Lilly complimented.

▬▬▬▬▬▬