Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"WOO HOO! HIGH SCORE!" I shouted, victoriously throwing my hands up in the air. I had been playing Pac Man in the mini arcade downstairs for hours, trying to beat Drake's high score. He kept teasing me about how sucky I was at the game, so naturally I had to prove him wrong somehow.

"That's impossible! I'm the master of Pac Man! There's no way you could have beaten me!" Drake exclaimed.

"Read it and weep sucka!" I yelled, pointing at the screen. He glanced at the screen, glaring at the yellow numbers.

"Psh... You can't really beat me, you know why?"

"Why?"

"I'm... BATMAN! Ha ha!"

"What? Drake, that doesn't even make sense!"

"It does when you're BATMAN!"

"Well whatever, I'm HULK! No one beats Hulk! I'll smash you!

"The Incredible Hulk could never beat Batman! They're not even from the same universe! And even if they were, Batman's too smart to be beaten by some dumb green guy."

"Oh shut up," I muttered.

"That's what I thought! So do you want to get breakfast?" I asked.

"Nah, let's just get room service."

A good twenty minutes later, we were back in our room, pigging out on a delicious breakfast buffet, which had been brought to us by some of the hotel's staff members.

"You know, most girls I meet are always too worried about their weight to eat around guys," he pointed out. I looked down at the piles of food on my plate.

"Are you saying I'm a pig!?" I exclaimed. "I can't believe you think I'm fat! I thought you loved me for who I was!" I used my three and a half years of theater to make some fake tears gather at the corners of my eyes, and made my voice crack at the perfect moment.

"No! No, you're perfect, what I meant was that-"

I burst out laughing. Poor guy, he didn't even realize I was faking it.

"I was just kidding, dumb ass!" I giggled, and he eventually joined in.

We quickly cleaned up, and Drake suggested going down to the pool for a quick swim. I secretly thought that Drake just wanted to see me in a bikini, but I didn't really mind, so I ended up in my favorite one. It was yellow and had a skirt-like bottom, and in my opinion, it made my usually flat butt look good. Drake just wore plain, red swim trunks, but he didn't give me enough time to check him out- he was too busy jumping into the pool a million times.

"CANNONBALL!" Drake yelled, jumping into the pool. This time, the splash drenched me (I was busy delicately dipping my toes in the water, so I didn't see how close he was getting to me), so I jumped in after him.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically.

"No problem," he smiled, pecking me on the lips. My eyes widened.

"Uh..." I muttered. He seemed embarrassed, and apologized profusely.

"I'm so sorry, Lexi! I just.. Gosh I dunno, I'm sorry." He hung his head in shame.

"Just forget about it. Um... do you want to race?" I offered.

"Sure, I'll go easy on ya," he replied arrogantly. I rolled my eyes; I guess he didn't know I was on the swim team.

"Whatever, on my mark," I said, and positioned myself against the wall. I made sure that he and I were both at the exact same starting point, and began to count down.