Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Drake, please calm down," I whispered, laying a hand on his arm. He tensed for a moment, then relaxed and continued packing his bags. Where he was going to go was beyond me, and I honestly thought he was being irrational.

"No, you aren't safe here anyway. Do you trust me?"

"With my life," I answered immediately, shocking myself. Did I really trust him that much? I bit my lip; was I really not safe here? It's not like this was the only place in the world with psychos.

"Then come with me." He kept throwing things from all around his room into the bags, not even checking to see if I agreed or not. I sighed and pulled out my phone to call my dad. Drake hadn't left me when I was alone, and I wasn't going to leave him now. Granted, these were very different situations, but... I owe him. I couldn't help but think that this was going to be the stupidest thing I could ever do. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"H-hi Dad, how are you?"

"Hey sweetheart, I'm great; what's wrong?" He asked.

"I just forgot to tell you that uh... Today we're going on a field trip to um... the town nearest to here. I uh... forgot what it's called. We'll be there for a while, but you don't have to worry becasue the school is paying for it... So I'm going to get my clothes in about fifteen minutes, then I'm going to carpool there to school with a friend," I lied. He was silent for a minute, then sighed.

"Okay, hurry so I can say bye to you!" he said.

"Love you Daddy!"

"Love ya too baby girl, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and stared at my phone. How could I lie to my dad like that? He clearly trusted me a lot if he accepted my story so easily. I felt like the scummiest person alive.

* * * * * *

I ran to my room, not wanting to keep Drake waiting for me in his truck for too long. I threw all the clothes I owned, and some other things, in my neon yellow suit case and matching bag. I wasn't sure how long to tell my dad that I would be gone, but he never asked. I loaded my things into the back of Drake's truck, and on second thought, I poked my head back inside to say bye to my dad.

"Bye dad!" I called, just as he walked around the corner.

"Don't you think you can leave me without giving me a proper goodbye, missy!" he joked. "Now give your old man a hug!"

"I love you Daddy," I mumbled, giving him a big hug.

"I love you too darling, now go have fun!"

I smiled sadly, then ran back to the truck with Drake. I jumped into the passenger door, and he sped off.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"I don't know yet, we'll probably stay in a hotel just out of town."

"How long?" Will we ever come back?

"I don't know." Maybe.

We drove in silence for a few hours, and when it began to get dark, he pulled into a hotel parking lot.

We each grabbed some of our bags, and Drake walked into the hotel like he owned the place; I followed behind him, feeling apprehensive. He walked to the front desk, and placed his bags on the ground next to him.

"Welcome to The Falls Hotel, my name is Harry...What are you doing here kid? This is a five star hotel, you can't afford this," Harry said rudely. Wordlessly, Drake pulled out a wad of hundred dollar bills, and placed them on the counter. Harry and I both stared at the money, our eyes bugging out. How did he..?