CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I decided to wear a simple black scoop backless long dress. I pair it with topaz stone set that Manuel's gifted to me earlier. I am contemplating whether to wear a maroon or flame red lipstick. I look at myself and click my tongue when I heard a noise outside our room.

"Matagal pa ba? Why do you even need 3 fucking hours to do—"

I raised my brows at him, ready to talked back and I can't help to laugh when I saw his reaction. He looks really stunned.

"Did God really take an extra time just to make her." he mumbled mindlessly, I laughed at him.

He thinks he's saying it to himself.

"I heard you but yeah maybe He did take a lot of time. I mean look at you? I think you deserve an equal good-looking partner." I said and smirked at him.

He goes to me and put his both hands in the sides of my waist. He leaned in my ears to whisper, "We can be late and excuse the traffic, how about tha—"

I pushed him and glare, "You don't want my mom getting mad. She really hates Filipino time." I said and decided to wear flame red lipstick.

"That completes the look. You look so fucking good, my heart suddenly ache!" he compliment and crumpled the part of his white polo where his heart is located.

"Sira! Tara na nga." wika ko at hinila siya, he kissed the top of my head and held my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Pinagmamasdan ko siya habang nagmamaneho, tinitignan kung kinakabahan ba siya to assure him sana kaso I don't see any reaction from him aside from smiling time to time. parang tanga talaga minsan.

"Aren't you scared?" I asked, he raised his right brow. Damn, ang sexy tignan!

"Why would I? It is normal to meet my future girlfriend's family." he said cockily.

I scoffed and he laughed at me.

Makaraan lang din ay nasa tapat na kami ng bahay, I didn't ask how come he knows where I live, I mean he's Emmanuel? No need for an introduction.

I saw my mom standing together with dad sitting in his wheelchair in front of the door, waiting for us. My parents look so good too!

I hugged and kissed them both in cheeks, while Emmanuel is standing in my side, both of his hand is in his back. Taray may manners!

"Good evening, Mr and Mrs, Rue. Thank you so much for accepting my request on officially meeting the both of you. I am Emmanuel Marchero, Avella's suitor." He said formally and offered his hand to my parents.

"The pleasure is all mine Mr. Emmanuel and cut the formalities, just call me Tita." sagot ni Mama, napatingin naman siya kay Papa na pinagmamasdan siya.

Yumuko si Manuel saglit at nagsalita naman si Papa, "I'm happy that finally, my daughter brought a suitor, akala ko ay tatandang dalaga na 'yan." my father said while laughing. nag init naman ang aking pisngi.

"Pa!" nahihiya kong sigaw kay papa at mas lalo lamang itong tumawa sa akin.

"I'm just joking but I'm happy that you are finally going to settle down," he said.

"Pa, nanliligaw palang si Manuel! baka kung anong isipin niya." sabi ko at tumingin kay Manuel na nakatingin kay Mama at Papa habang may maliit na ngisi sa labi.

"Don't worry Sir, Ako lang babagsakan ng anak ninyo." mayabang niyang pagkakasabi.

"I'm fine with calling me tito, hijo. tara na at pumasok upang makakain." wika niya kaya nagkatinginan kami ni Manuel at ngumiti sa isa't isa.