2 | Love Tangle.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I really want to appreciate the votes and shares of this story. Thank you very much for not making this story flop. Please continue to vote and share this story and most especially, comment on what you think about the story. I'd appreciate it if you do that. Please enjoy...

King could not take down any note since his books were soaked, he disposed three new wet books.

"Take" Ekene whispered from behind, handing over a new book.

"Thanks?" King was grateful.

"No be me you go thank, na that fine shima" his head poked to her direction.

She glowed underneath the bulb, she looked too familiar, ah yes, she was the one who did not laugh at the bald English teacher's joke. His heart was pleased, she caught him staring, their eyes met like River Niger and River Benue... seriously? Her angelic smirk shot bullets to his heart, she shyly covered her face with her hand, King let out a soft chuckle. As he winked at her, she giggled...

"Adaeze, tell me what is so funny that you are laughing" the teacher turned and asked, interrupted by her giggle.

Oops... Flirting 101 gone wrong.

"Nothing sir" she composed herself.

"That is how you behave" he shouted at her. "You are always distracting people with your stupid laughter" his brisk tone made her flinch.

"I'm sorry sir" she mumbled.

"Is that how to apologize?" he barked, she jumped up, almost losing balance.

"I am sorry sir" abashed by his tone.

"No, sir. I was the cause" King could not allow a pretty damsel take the blame, he stood up.

Awwn...

"New boy?" perplexed by his confidence. "Let me tell you a little secret" he faced King.

Adaeze rolled her eyes, as if she knew what bald man was about to say.

"She is like that, she knows what she is doing" he began, disdainfully looking at her off his shoulder. "She laughs with all the boys including girls, then go home and start reading" he hissed. "I would advise you not to take chances with her because she is the Delilah of this class" he was appeased with himself.

Well, it looked like King was ready to take chances.

"You can both sit" he smiled.

As bald head was about writing, the bell rang, he sighed.

"Hope you copied your scheme of work, do not forget your text book, OK?" they responded Yes sir before he left.

Adaeze walked up to him.

"Oh, thanks for the book" he smiled.

"No problem, thank you for having my back" she tapped his shoulder.

"I cannot believe we are actually talking" he adjusted himself.

"Yeah" she blushed.

"I actually like what we are doing" both of them laughed.

"Yo!" Zara yelled. "We are having departmental classes now. All science students are expected to go to the Chemistry laboratory. Art students are to stay here while Commercial students are to find their teacher" she shot a mean stare at Adaeze, who scoffs in return.

"What is her problem?" King asked.

"That is Zara, let me say she is or she feels she is my nemesis" King laughed. "What is actually funny?" she asked.