6 | Bittersweet.

A/N: I totally deserve worse author in Wattpad award because of my lack of updates. I am sincerely sorry, things upon things like; writers block, country's riot, online schooling and heap load of assignments- pop up. These are no excuses. I am trying to keep track and I will keep track- hopefully. Thanks and y'all should PLEASE PRAY FOR NIGERIA 🙏🇳🇬

🌟

Zara was ranting about the new pair of designer shoes her mom- who just came back from the United States of America had bought for her. Zara was battling what ever it was in her bag, the rustling in her bag like a fizzing fire had drawn Funke's attention. She peeped but only saw a rough brown paper bag. Zara smiled from cheek to cheek making her more curious than ever. Of course Funke had the idea that it was a pair of shoes however, Zara said it was a designer shoe. There are numerous types of designer shoes especially when it comes to the female department.

Funke's eyes widened in awe, her jawline dropped in disbelief. She was quite knowledgeable of Zara's fortune, but this, this- this was way too much for her imagination. She opened her mouth to form some words, those words could not find their way out of her buccal cavity. She just swallowed back pretty hard, letting her eyes do the talking. Zara had revealed the cat from the bag, in her hand was a glass like, more of a Disney fairytale story coming to life, right in front of her, Zara held a glass stiletto, it was not like the one in the Disney classic Cinderella Story. This stiletto was golden and had shiny tiny stones- from the toe box to the counter, making it glitter. The insole screamed crimson likewise the pitch to the top piece. It was an amazing sight for Funke, she felt unworthy of touching it.

This felt too good to be true. It felt so unrealistic, she had to mentally slap herself to show some coordination.

"Nice KoinKoin shoe" said one of the male student who admired the beautiful shoe. "What?" he replied nonchalantly, after he noticed Funke glaring at him.

"How would you call it a Kionkoin shoe?" she interjected, irked by his diction.

"Isn't it high heels?" Ada, who was engrossed by the shoe's beauty added.

"What?" Funke had screamed as if she met a ghost. "How will you of all people," she pointed at her. "Ada," still in some shock. "say this - tsk tsk" she shook her head, disgruntled.

"Isn't it one?" shrugging- not seeing anything wrong with what she said, Ada still insisted. "Doesn't Kionkoin shoe mean high heels?" she questioned.

Funke acted out of impulse as she snatched the pair from Zara who grimaced about how swiftly she hijacked it from her hands. Zara wondered if Funke did not know shoes like that were fragile. But then again, knowing fully well that Funke could literally do anything for shoes, or in this case kill anyone who dared mistake a type of shoe with the other.

"You should know the difference between a stiletto heel and a high heel is their heel size" her eyes stuck on the pointy crimson and golden stones at the back, as she ran her fingers from the pitch to the toe piece. Ada was clearly listening, fascinated. "Stiletto heels are thin and long, just like this one" she added. "If you look closely, this is twenty-nine centimeter long" she measured with her thumb and index finger.

"Oh" was all Ada could say, still flabbergasted by how precised Funke was.

"How you take no sey na twenty nine centimeter be that?" he asked, disbelieving her.

"Well, I am a huge..."

"Tah" he spat harshly. "All na the same. If I go market, any shoe I see for my babe, I go buy, if she no like am, that one na her concern" oh, this dude just made the biggest mistake of his life, just uttering those words made Funke's eyes twitch in annoyance. She gently handed over the shoe to its rightful owner before turning to face him.