5 | Top Dogs.

🌟🌟🌟

King's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm as he made a beeline to the boy who, to King, thought was pretending to be engrossed in a note book in front of him. He took one of the chairs at the 'top male dog' front, dramatically plopping down, making a loud sigh to draw his attention. The poor kid looked helpless with his bogus specs stuck on his face, studing King without raising his head rather scanning him thoroughly with his eyes. After a whole minute of scrutinizing the human, thinking that the entity at his front would be irked by his long stare or make him uncomfortable, with a defeated sigh, he asked.

"What are you doing here?" meeting his eyes.

"Moi?" nailing his French accent.

With a low groan; "Help yourself then" he muttered before going back to his reading.

"Wait, wait a minute" King snatched the book he was reading. "Awwn" he cooed. "He is reading for the mid term test" he chuckled.

"What do you want?"

"What do I want?" King gasped dramatically, putting his hand few inches away from his lips.

"Look, drama Queen" he growled. "Or in your case, King..." he glared.

"Yes, I am King, what is yours?" he interjected.

"I am Tari. Can you leave me, please?" he asked politely.

"The Tari?" King got his attention. "Well..." he slowly stood up, dropping his book. "since you, em, do not want me to tell you what I have been hearing from our classmates" turning around to go back to his seat.

"Wait" Tari hesitated a little.

Always works like magic. King smirked.

"Yes?" he spun his neck around, meeting his eyes. "What is it?" he made his signature deadpan look.

"Well, you called me the Tari and..."

"Hold your horses" he sprung his hand up in the air, making Tari gulp down his words. "Are you trying to indirectly say I am a male gossip?" set aback by the question, Tari looked confused. "Or, are you trying to say I like em, what do y'all call it again..." he snapped his fingers. "A-ha, amebo?" Tari shook his head. "Good" King took one last glance at the nerd. "Since you wanna read, I do not wanna be a distraction, goodbye"

"Wait" Tari said. "Just, join me please" he muttered.

"Sorry, I could not help but ask, what did you say?"

"Please, come join me"

"Louder" cupping his left hand fingers over his ear.

"Please come and join me" he sighed.

"Good" plopping down on the chair, he scooted closer. "I know you have eyes on Ada and..."

"I do not know what you are talking about" he responded shyly.

"Look, nerdy glasses..."

"It is Tari, please" he quickly added.

"Nerdy glasses. If you like someone why don't you confess already?" King asked.

"The thing is that I do not..."

"If you say you do not like her again, I am going to get up from here and go back to my seat. Dare me" King threatened.

"Fine. But, Ada is not in my league, have you seen me"

King scanned him. "Not bad. I can work on you but I should not..."

"Why?"

"Because, you do not need to change to please others. You should be loved for who you are not who you pretend to be" King replied. "However, I can make you cooler" he added.