[4] Dire Need

"We gotta follow him, without him knowing

"We gotta follow him, without him knowing." Moe nodded. "How are we all gonna do that? He'll spot us easily." Donnell asked.

"...Which is why we got a GPS tracker. And a stealthy ass like me." Lani smiled with confidence. "Y'all, wait here. I'll be back."

••••

"I got him." She smiled before crouching down to tie her shoelaces. "Really? Great. Let's get in the car first."

"Aight, let's go." Donnell nodded. The entered the car and Lani pulled out her phone. "He's moving pretty fast. Must have started driving already." She looked over to Roddy as he spoke.

"How far ahead is he?" He asked. "Like five minutes ahead." Moe shrugged as he peered at Lani's phone.

"We're going now then." Roddy started the car and Lani passed him her phone. "You might need this." He took the phone and put it in a phone holder.

"Any idea what car we looking for?" Roddy asked, praying that she'd answer positively. "Saw him enter a black Benz, I believe."

They began moving and followed him with the tracker. After almost forty five minutes of following, occasionally losing sight of the car and impatience, they finally approached an alleyway and parked in a safe distance.

"Let's go." Roddy opened the car door, turning his head left then right just in case. He gestured to the masked man who was already walking into the alley.

"Wait... One of us has to stay. And protect the car." Moe nodded but Roddy chuckled. "I got the key, dumbass."

"But what if they crazy as fuck?" Lani fell out laughing at him. "You a pussy or what?"

"Uh, just stay then. We've prolly lost him now." Donnell shook his head in disappointment. They got out of the car, except Moe, and entered the alleyway.

 They got out of the car, except Moe, and entered the alleyway

"He's gone, of course." Roddy sighed. "So what now? We need Karin back and this seemed to be our only hope." Lani took in a deep breath as she still felt guilt hanging on shoulders. "Let's just look around and see if we can find some way in."