27-Sick

-Steff P.O.V-

Dad was serious to punish me. He confiscate my phone and cut off my internet. I'm just glad that Jared buy me a phone. Atleast I can talk to him everytime I want to.
It's sunday. I've been calling for Jared but he's not picking up. Aish! How the hell is he? Until he answer atlast.

"Yes?"

"What the fuck! What take you so long to pick it up?"

"I'm sorry babe."

Napatigil ako hearing his voice. He sound so sick.

"Are you fine Jared? You sound sick?"

"Yeah! I'm just tired."

"Okay. Sleep well."

"Hmm. I love you."

"Yeah! Bye."

I hung up. Why everytime he said those words my heart skip a beat? Yes Jared is a sweet guy. But am I falling for that jerk?  Geez! What did you do to me Jared?

......

For the whole day I haven't seen Jared. It's so unusual. After class I immediately went the gym.

"Hey Ryan!"

"Hi Steff. You need anything?"

"Is Jared here?"

"Absent siya. Nagkasakit raw."

"Okay. Thanks!"

Agad akong umalis saka dumiretso sa condo niya. Mabuti na lang at hindi pa dumating ang sundo ko. I found him sleeping on his room fully covered with his blanket. I tried to shake him carefully as he open his eyes halfway.

"Jared?"

"Hmm."

"What's wrong?"

"Why are you here?"

"My god! Your hot!"

"Matagal na akong hot Steff."

"I'm serious Jared!"

He chuckled weakly. Nagpaalam na lang ako para bumili ng gamot. Bumili na rin ako ng cup noddles para may makain siya. Now I'm regreting not trying to learn on cooking before.

"Here take this. I'm sorry if it just an instant noddles."

"It's fine."

After eating he take the medicine and laid down again. Pinunasan ko narin siya para mabawasan ang init sa katawan niya. I pity him when he didn't stop to shiver from cold. He suddenly hold my hand. He is smiling when I look at him.

"Thanks Steff."

"I'm just being a girlfriend right here."

"Whatever your reason is I'm still thankful."

"Your still cold?"

"Yeah!"

"Well I guess I will stay here for the night."

"How about you Dad?"

"I'm thinking about you Jared."

He didn't said any words. I changed my clothes and got into bed. He wrapped his arms around me. I look at him. His face we're inches away. I start to trace every line on his face. From his eyebrow down to his nose then to his lips. A smile form on my lips remembering this lips was my first kiss. He suddenly hold my hand which is on his lips and bring it his chest. His heartbeat is so fast. Feels like his running for so long.

"Jared?"

"Your the reason why it beats so fast Steff."

"But I didn't do anything."

"Haha! Being near you is enough to make me crazy babe."

He sounds so sexy. I look my hand on his chest. It's not only his heart beating so fast. Because honestly my heart is also in pace too. What does it mean? Did I feel the same for you Jared? He open his eyes and look at me. A smiled form on his lips as I raised my eyebrow.

"I'm willing to be sick forever if that brings you here with me."

"Jared?"

"I'm so lucky to have a beautiful doctor in my arms."

I smiled and kiss him on the lips. He gasp then smiled. He pulled me closer to him as he close his eyes. I bury my face on his chest listening to the beat of his heart. It sounds music to my ear. Especially knowing I'm the reason of this abnormality beating. He kissed me on my head and murmured the words I'm starting to love hearing.

"I love you Steff."

"I hate you too."

He just chuckled. A hopeful smile plastered on my lips. I really hate you Jared! I hate you for making me feel this undefined feeling for you. I close my eyes and sleep on his arms while listening to the music of his heart.

-to be continue-