26

Dec     23     2021

Dec 23     2021

               Tae walked the upper level hallway towards the bedrooms

Tae walked the upper level hallway towards the bedrooms. He slowed down once he neared the specific room and overheard the talking coming from the room. He stopped his steps, eavesdropping on the topic.

"So you really gotta go man?" his fourteen year old Hendrick asked.

"Man, I guess. ." Kendrick angrily replies, "I really don't want to be with her for Christmas or ever."

"So tell Uncle Tae man. I'm sure he can figure it out."

"No, he can't. I don't have a choice but to go."

Hendrick was aggravated for his cousin. "That's bullshit."

Tae finally turns into the bedroom. "You all packed and ready?" he asked acting as if he didn't hear their conversation.

"Yeah," the nine year old grumbles.

Tae nodded his head at Hendrick, and the fourteen year old knew he wanted to talk to Kendrick alone so he dapped his cousin and left. Tae walks over and sits on the twin bed and watches Kendrick pack his rolling luggage.

Tae exhales sharply. "I know you upset and not tryna go with her but this is just how it is now Ken. If I could change that I would. I ain't gone forget bout you. Yo' Christmas shit gone be right here on yo' bed when you get back."

Kendrick looks at his father. "And you can't come with me?"

"Y'know I can't Pops," he smiles softly. "I still got ya brother and sister here. How bout this, you been wanting to do photoshoots for TUFF CROWD right?" the nine year old nods, "when you get back, the kid clothes will be released. How would you feel bout you and yo brotha being the face of the kid line and the new sneakers I'm releasing with Nike?"

Kendrick's excitedly lit up. "Seriously, Dad?"

"Of course," Tae smiled widely. "I want my boys to be the face of somethin' I'm doin' for y'all."