45

February  2022

February 2022

Mo and Benjamin residence was a Shingle style architectural, stone veneered home on the east side of Tulsa, in the gated community of Sequoyah Hills. The interior was a open concert with six bedrooms and seven in a half baths. Their five children—ten year old triplets; Malorie, Janis, and Ladae and eight year old twins; Hazel and Maeve—were with Benjamin's mother to give their mother some space.

Shantey had showered to get out of her nice dress and switched to a pair of sweatpants and plain t-shirt from Mo. Shantey planned to get sleep, but every time her eyes shut, she sees her sister's lifeless face.

She had to do something... because she can't continue her night the way it is now.

She needed some fresh air.

Once a hat was threw on top of her head, a oversize hoodie on from the coat closet, and ordering an Uber under a false name, Shantey the home and into the Subaru parked near the curb.

As the white woman pulls off; following the address, Tae was on a chartered jet alongside with Amanda to be there for Shantey. He left Romeo and Seona in Mexico to enjoy the trip.

The drive on the north takes a good twenty minutes to get there on a rougher side of town. The Subaru speeds off within seconds after Shantey stepped out and stares at the familiar timeworn townhouse with deterioration and weathering.

As her Chanel shoes foots her towards the front door, the jet lands, letting off Tae and Amanda down the stairs with a bag and a Mercedes sprinter awaits their arrival.

"Does she know we're here?" Amanda refers to her best friend and settling in seat beside him.

"Na', but only Mo do." Tae presses the button to see it's going on four in the morning. "She sent me the addy to her place earlier."

"Where was her mind at?"

"Emotionally compressed." Tae takes a deep breath. "She ain't cried. She called her team to book her wit shit and start planning her tour but I shut that down. I called Jasmine and let her know what's goin' on. Shantey ain't signed to no label but she did have a few venues that had to cancel on. I'll pay them back however much but she need a break right now."

"Yes she does."

Her fist hits the front door, as the breeze blew on her. She turns around the old neighborhood and the door unlocks before pulling open. There he stands with rich brown hue, tall physique, a full arm sleeve, and only wears his boxers from having to get out of bed.