33

January 2022

January 2022

               After his conversation with De, Tae has been opening his eyes the past few days and not letting the love he has for Celine to cloud his judgement anymore

After his conversation with De, Tae has been opening his eyes the past few days and not letting the love he has for Celine to cloud his judgement anymore. While his first love was in Florida, he spent time with Celine, watching her closer than he ever have before.

He watched the way she breathed, the way she moved, the way she talked, and even looked. He barely even slept at night when she laid beside him in her queen size bed.

And that's when he came to a realization.

Sitting at the island counter, eating the fresh breakfast Celine cooked for him, he stares at Celine, who sits across from him talking about something he wasn't listening to. It's going in one ear and out of the other.

"Y'know what I realized..." he mentions, interrupting her rambling as she looks at him.

"What's that, babe?"

"Ion' trust you." he admits, which abruptly stops her chewing. "It's crazy," he drops the fork that clinks on the plate, and chuckles, "It took for me to spend these pass few days witchu to realized that. I don't sleep comfortably around you. Ion' trust when you take phones calls. Ion' even trust shit you say."

Celine furrows her eyebrows. "Where is this comin'?"

"My mind not bein' clouded by you no mo'." he expresses, "I tried to com' back from whatchu done, Celine, but in reality... I can't. Ian' boutta force myself to love and trust you either."

Celine stands when Tae does, taking aback by his sudden words. "What the fuck? I thought we were in a better place, Tavon. We were doin' good."

"Na' you were doin' good." he points at her, "I love you, I do. But ion' love you enough to stay witchu and not trust. That's the most important. Without trust, baby, there's nothin'. Yo' Moms can keep the house. It's paid off for the next four years. She good. As for you, keep whatever I got you. You and incredible songwriter, you'll get where you need to go. But I can't love you the way you need when my heart is somewhere else. You deserve better than that."