42

February 2022

February 2022

               Constant buzzing goes of near her ear

               Constant buzzing goes of near her ear. Her eyes burns, in which happens to her from a lack of sleep. She was on FaceTime with Tae until she fell asleep with Seona on her chest. It's seven in the morning, and her phone alerts her of a phone call.

               Squinting tiredly, she places her nearly dead phone in her face and notices a unknown number calling. She usually refuses to answer those calls, but something in her heart tells her to; so she does. "Who is this?"

               "Shantey?"

               She fully awakes when she recognizes the tone. "Troy?"

               "Yea'... I kno' you don't like bein' called from unknown numbers, but can you come get me?"

               Shantey stares over at sleeping Seona and Ameer in her bed. "Of course. Where are you?"

               "Alamitos Beach."

               That would nearly a hour drive, nearly two if traffic. But for Troy, it was worth it. "Yes. You know how long it can take in L.A. so stay right there. Don't go anywhere because I'm coming."

               "Yes ma'am I will."

               The call ends, and Shantey hurried out of her bed, foots to the bathroom and brushes her teeth quickly. She throws on a pair of dark oversize shades and a hoodie before she left her bedroom. Just as she turns into the hallway, Amanda walks out.

               "Hey, can you watch them for me? I have to go get Troy."

               "Of course." Amanda answers instantly, aware of Troy disappearing. "Have you spoke to Tavon?"