Chapter 5

The sun has just risen on a Sunday morning.
Today is such a windy day...

"God, what am I doing with m'life?"
"I'm going on an 'adventure' with a little kid thats knows nothing about Marken."
"Eh, at least I got m'self some company."
Minne lamented to herself as she stood up and started trekking down the mountain.

Once she reached the foot, she took a long march following the pebbled path back into Kinsfield.
Keep in mind that Minne was still being chased, and the chances of a few paparazzi being at the entry point of the town are pretty high.

As Minne was nearing the town, she glanced at the entrance, and to her joy, she saw nothing.
Well, that was the case, until a huge horde of the photographers starts rushing towards the woman.

"HOLY HELL, THEY'RE AFTER ME!" Minne screamed before pointing her head in different directions, looking for a hiding spot.
She saw a huge rock to the left, big enough to fit a woman as small as her, so she scurried towards it, hoping she wouldn't be found there.
"CAN YOU PEOPLE JUST LET ME LIVE IN PEACE?!" Minne panted with indignation.

Minne, pulling off a last resort method, takes a white rune from her possibly bottomless pocket and throws it in the air.

Now, 'what do white runes do?' you may ask...

A thick fog surrounds Minne as the photographers were stunned. Seconds later, the fog gathers up above her head as it takes the shape of a Lurker, a being which lacks legs but has strong, long arms.

"STAY BACK!" Minne cried in affliction as the Lurker drifts closer to the 'camera-armed wastoids', as she calls them.

As the Lurker distracts them, Minne swiftly pulls out and throws a green rune, which brings her to Marc's room.

"Oh, great, I'm safe." Minne huffed and puffed while heading to Marc's dining area to get some water for herself.

"Minne?" Marc asked in a confused tone as he narrowed his eyes onto her.
"Why are you here...?" he questioned Minne.
"Well, as I was heading back to Kinsfield from where I was at before, I saw the hive of the paparazzi dash towards me, so I gave them a lil' spook, then I used a green rune to get to your room." Minne explained with a little smirk.
"Are you alright?" Marc queried in a compassionate tone.
"Yeah, I was just about to rune to the library to see what was up with the room full of tablets. Would you care to join me?" Minne offered as she stretched her hand towards Marc.
"Yeah, sure. I've just finished studying, and I haven't anything better to do." The boy accepted Minne's offer as she took another rune.
"This still puts me in awe. The green light just looks so vivid." Marc complimented as they were back at the same, tablet-filled room.
"Now, Marc, these are called 'Runic Inscriptions'. The name is pretty self-explanatory. If you do not know how to read Runic, then I'll give you this opportunity to lear..." Minne abruptly cut off her sentence as her vision blurs.
"Lear...n?" Marc wondered as the Memorus leans toward a wall with infirmity.
"Are you okay?" the boy asked, concerned about Minne.

Minne's body fell weak to the ground, sitting against the lectern in the middle of the room.

"MINNE!"

"Kid, take these three runes and throw the yellow rune and the larger green rune in the air. You'll arrive at a store with fifty dollars in your pocket. Buy a water bottle, then use the lesser green rune to come back here, and give me the water. Go! Now!" Minne ordered Marc while breathing heavily in between.

"O-okay, just stay there, alright?" Marc nodded with hesitation as he threw the runes and left the little room.

"What's happening to me?" Minne thought to herself.