Chapter 6

Marc was given the privilege of being a Memorus. It's like giving an intern the job of a chief operating officer.

"Marc, you'll find a glowing, gray rune in your left pocket. Take it and throw it into the air!" Minne's voice resonated across Marc's head.

"What? Was I having auditory hallucinations? There couldn't possibly be a rune in my pocke-"
Marc stopped himself from blabbering when he felt a rune with his hand in his pocket.
Without any click of irresolution, he gave the rune a little toss.
A deafening roar the bizarre rune gave, as darkness shrouded the room.

Minne aborted her fall into the lake when the rune took action, therefore transporting her to where she was an hour ago; in front of the door to Marc's cozy little home.

Without thinking, Minne busts into his house, replicating a swift burglar, and immediately rushes to Marc's room.

"Hey! Kid, listen to me. I've told you about the Memori, right?" Minne questioned exhaustingly as Marc's face jumped in shock.
"Yeah, you did. Why are you asking?" the boy replied.

"You're one of us."

"What? How? A few days ago I didn't even know they existed and now you're saying I'm one of those memory-manipulating demigods?" Marc exclaimed as he dragged his hand onto his forehead.
"Alright, kid, first of all, we're not demigods. You may think we are, but we're simply people made by gods to safeguard the balance in this world." Minne returned as the boy's eyes widened and blinked in uncertainty, almost as if he had seen a ghost.
"You never told me that!" Marc shrieked.
"That's not the point! I'm saying that you're now a Memorus, ergo you have abilities that humans can only imagine."
"Alright, I get it, but I could only wonder; why did you telepathically communicate with me out of the damn blue? I was just about to take a nap!" he glowered with deep despondency.
"I was about to fall in a huge, parlous lake! What else would you expect me to do?!"
"Make it out on your own! You have runes, why did you have to disturb my peaceful nap?!"
"Those types of huge lakes were told to transport people to a whole 'nother world! Listen, I plonked my runes aside on a cliff! I was expecting to relax there too, until this ghastly figure with his foolish deformed ears just appears behind me and pushes me off! I wasn't prepared!"
"Oh, but you were prepared to make me a Memorus?!"
"I ONLY HAD BLANK RUNES, ALRIGHT?!"

Izzue Delter arrives at the house, for her shift ended abruptly when the sun set.

The arguement inside the boy's room continues.

Izzue, growing concerned, popped her bag down on her chair and immediately walks to Marc's room.
"Marc? Who's with you in your room?"
His and Minne's expression diverted from egregious frowns to worried faces of shock.
Minne used up a rune to transport herself to the library.
"Quick! Tell her it was a shy friend of yours!"
"Uh, hey Mom. I was just arguing with a shy friend of mine. Her name's Minne."
"WHAT?! NO! NOT MINNE! AMELIA!"
"I MEAN, her name's Amelia. Amelia Grapedisk." he corrected himself.
"Are grapes your nationwide fruit or what?"
"SHUT UP! It was what I could think of!"
"Amelia Grapedisk, huh? That's a very sweet name. Oh well, good luck on your 'arguement'"
Izzue remarked as she left Marc's room and shut the door on her way out.
Minne used up another rune to head back to the boy's room.
The duo stared at the door in relief.
"Good thing your mom didn't find me out."
"Yeah, it would be weird for her to think I was talking to a thirty-something woman."
"36! And not to mention the fact that you almost blew my cover!"
"My mind was still focused on our arguement, alright?! It's not my fault she came home from work earlier than she was supposed to."
"Yeah, whatever. Just take your nap, we have a lot of things to do tomorrow." Minne alerted Marc as he turned his face over to her.
"Tomorrow is a Monday."
"And so?"
"You said yourself that I have school tomorrow."
"Oh. Well, my head's a tad bit fuzzy, so I probably just forgot that. Anyway, I'll leave you to be." Minne finished the conversation as she, yet again, used a green rune to zoom back to her hut.