Chapter Twenty-seven: Link

I sit in the dark corner listening to the drip, drip of water. I certainly hit a nerve where Zara is concerned, seeing how she looked at me when she left the torture room. I remember Estrella and Milo leading me down the hallways once again and back down here to my cell. The events after that are still replaying in my head.

I hit the ground hard as Milo pushes me in the cell. I can hear the door start to close, but it stops abruptly. “Go back to your sister and ask her what she wants us to do, I’ll be with you shortly,” Estrella tells Milo.

            “But,” I can hear Milo resist.

            “No buts,” Estrella cries, her voice ringing throughout the dungeon hall. “Just leave!”

            I hear Milo’s footsteps go away and sit up, leaning my back against the wall for support. Yes, it hurts with the cuts made from the whip and my arm is still bleeding heavily, but what else is there to do? I look up and see Estrella still standing in the doorway.

            “What do you want,” I ask harshly, not in the mood to converse with anyone and looking forward to treating my wounds by myself.

            Estrella ignores me, but slips the keys in her belt loop on her pants and closes the cell door behind her. She smirks as she makes her way over to me, her armor clanking together as she walks. She eventually towers over me, though I don’t bother wasting my energy to stand up.

            “I want to speak with you without the prying ears of Milo and Zara,” she replies as her dark eyes star at me like piercing daggers.

            “What about,” I ask, brushing my bangs out of my eyes.

            “About the Triforce,” she replies, and she smirks at the way surprise probably shows in my face. “That’s right; I wish to speak with on the matter of the Triforce.”

            “What about it?”

            “Listen, Hero,” she says, putting emphasis on the word ‘hero’ as if she really doesn’t think one exists. “I am the once that convinced Ganondorf to take you from your little village and bring you to Hyrule Castle, do you know why?” I star at her blankly before she continues. “I convinced him because I was observing you from afar, not that you would notice. I had suspicions, but during the carriage ride to the castle, I did The Test. It turned out that my suspicions were right. You, of all the people in Hyrule, are the holder of the Triforce of Courage. You are Farore’s chosen hero. Now that I had all three Triforce wielders under my eye – yes, I already knew that Zelda held the Triforce of Wisdom and Ganondorf held the Triforce of Power – it was time to make my move. The only question was when I would do it. But, as it turned out, after the ball was the perfect chance, for I found Ganondorf alone.”

            “You're the one who killed him,” I interrupt, surprised about where this is going.