Chapter 1

Chapter 1

●●●

The first thing Jungkook really noticed about Jimin was his scent. It was actually the first time an omega's scent had stood out to him enough to make him turn his head and look for the source. There was something so very soft to it. Though it was quite atypical for an omega. He smelled fresh, like moss and wood. Just for a second, it made Jungkook feel like he was back in his father's hut in the middle of the woods, playing outside and rolling around in the dirt.

He hadn't been there for years but the scent made him dwell in nostalgia. It was something that eventually made him muster up the courage to talk to Jimin. At the time he didn't think much about the soft citrus that was strongly overpowered by the wooden scent. He simply assumed that Jimin was wearing some kind of citrus perfume. At least that was the case until he met Taehyung.

When he'd first started talking to Jimin, the boy wouldn't shut up about his best friend. It was always Taehyung this, Taehyung that, and for the longest of times Jungkook had thought that Taehyung and Jimin were dating.

When he finally gathered the courage to ask Jimin burst into laughter, saying something along the lines of 'not even in a different reality'.

And then he met Taehyung and they were not off to a good start.

His hackles rose the second Taehyung stepped into the room. Something about the way the boy moved deeply upset his alpha. It made him angry. The way he looked so confident in himself. How casually he walked over to Jimin and slung his arm around the boy's shoulders, Jimin just melting against him.

It riled Jungkook up. Because even before Taehyung opened his mouth, he knew the boy was more alpha than he was ever going to be. He just had that aura of a real alpha. Someone omegas adored.

He made Jungkook feel inadequate.

And then Taehyung's scent hit him and he was... confused.

Because Taehyung smelled like Jimin. Exactly the way Jimin did. That strong wooden scent, like stepping on moss, and just a soft tang of citrus.

And while he had been so intimidated... so confused, Taehyung had simply stretched out his hand, introducing himself before smiling at him.

"Jimin told me a lot about you." That smile... something about that smile really pissed Jungkook off. Because it seemed nice, not intimidating at all, so why did Jungkook have this strong urge to cower?

To this day Jungkook wasn't sure what exactly had possessed him to growl at Taehyung. It hadn't been something he'd really decided on doing. His inner alpha had been scared, triggering some kind of fight or flight instinct, and since he hadn't been able to leave, given that Jimin was introducing him to his best friend, he'd ended up growling at Taehyung.

Probably one of the most impolite things an alpha could do to another alpha. And Jungkook had done it, openly provoking Taehyung. Needless to say, Taehyung probably... hadn't gotten the best first impression of him either.

Jungkook had watched the way his body tensed, his eyes getting smaller as his inner wolf, accepted the invitation to a fight, but luckily Jimin had been there, quickly de-escalating the situation by yelling something about an UFO.

And then Jungkook had just left. He had been aware he wasn't acting reasonably, but everything about Taehyung pissed him off. He hadn't been able to stand being in the same room as the other alpha any longer.

When Jimin had shown up at his place later to talk Jungkook had somewhat admitted to it. Simply explained that Taehyung made him feel uncomfortable. That seeing him had made him unreasonably angry and that he was aware it was stupid.