Chapter 6

Chapter 6

●●●

He spent the next few days trying to keep a low profile. His makeup skills weren't good enough to really cover the hickeys on his neck. He had simply made them less noticeable.

He was once again sitting by one of the tables in the cafeteria, eating his lunch, when a girl he didn't know approached him. She was probably around his age... maybe even a bit older. When they made eye contact she smiled brightly before slipping onto the bench opposite of him.

"I finally found you."

Jungkook was confused. Why had she been searching for him? He had no idea who she was, although her face seemed oddly familiar in a way. He couldn't quite pinpoint it though.

"You were looking for me?" He couldn't help move his hand to his neck, casually trying to cover the hickeys. During every single conversation he had he felt somewhat conscious about them. Taehyung hadn't held back at all. Even days later they were still as noticeable as they had been in the beginning.

"Yeah, I was. I wanted to say thank you. I know we hardly talked but you really helped me out back there." She pushed her hair back, revealing a few piercings dangling from her ears.

Jungkook just furrowed his brows, not entirely sure what to say. He hadn't talked to anyone in days, mainly due to his attempts to avoid anyone finding out about what had happened, so he felt a bit weird about some stranger just sitting down and talking to him. Especially when she seemed to think he had helped her in some way.

"I have no clue what you're talking about."

She blinked at him, seemingly confused. Her smile faltered for a second, but then she shook her head. "You were at the party last Sunday, weren't you?"

He nodded and she let out a sigh of relief. "Okay good... I thought I had the wrong guy for a second."

"What did I do? I kind of blacked out around... eleven... I think-" Jungkook found himself asking. Maybe she could give him some answers. At least she knew more about what had happened than he did. Even if it had probably been before the whole Taehyung dilemma.

"Oh." She opened her mouth for a few times. Then she giggled. "Holy shit, you actually can't remember any of that?"

That? Didn't sound too good in Jungkook's ears. What was that that she was referring to?

"Mind elaborating?"

And she did. About halfway through her story... at the point that actually involved her meeting Jungkook and... well... Taehyung was when it all came back. When he remembered a lot of things he hadn't be able to recall before.

Slowly the pieces of the puzzle were aligning and he really wasn't sure how happy he should be because things had been... quite different from what he had originally thought.

A/N

Next chapter loooooooongus