Chapter 2

Chapter 2

●●●

It was his pride that stopped him from apologizing in the end. Apologizing would have meant to admit that he had done something wrong.

And he didn't want to. The fact that what he had thought to be Jimin's soft scent was actually Taehyung's... didn't really sit well with him, either.

But it wasn't up to him whether or not he wanted to see Taehyung again. Now that he was aware who the boy was of course noticing that they shared one of the courses.

But the alpha didn't greet him. Just sent one look towards his direction before turning the other way. Like he hadn't even noticed Jungkook.

And that certainly rubbed him the wrong way.

Yes, he hadn't behaved perfectly well, but ignoring Jungkook was a big sign of disrespect from Taehyung's side. Especially given that they knew each other already.

He found himself puffing up his chest as he made his way over to Taehyung, who was animatedly talking to some omega girl Jungkook had seen around but never actually had a conversation with before. She was clearly leaning a bit too close, not minding the usual etiquette. Not that Taehyung seemed to have any issues with it either.

"Hey."

Taehyung turned around to look at him, mustering him up and down, and it irked the fuck out of Jungkook. The fact that Taehyung gave him that side eye glance and then was done with it.

Just like Jungkook Taehyung puffed his chest, getting up from his seat. He was just a tiny bit taller than Jungkook, but for some reason it felt like he was towering over him.

Jungkook's alpha was clearly intimidated by the alpha before him... but he wasn't going to give in.

"What do you need?" Taehyung's voice was cold. Nothing like it had been when Jimin had introduced them for the first time.

Jungkook glared up at Taehyung in a silent battle for dominance, but Taehyung didn't back down. Didn't seem even the slightest bit intimidated. It made Jungkook anxious. He got the urge to avert his eyes, but he wasn't going to back down either.

"You ignored me. That's considered to be bad manners, if you don't know."

Taehyung looked him straight in the eyes before finally breaking eye contact to let out a sarcastic laugh. "I ignored you? That's what you're having a problem with right now?"

Jungkook nose filled with the familiar wooden scent, but this time it was bitter. It didn't smell soothing like it did on Jimin. Instead it made Jungkook even more anxious.

"If you didn't know, growling at another alpha is also considered bad manners." Their eyes met again and Jungkook found himself in yet another staring contest. Not that he really had anything to back up his annoyance. He had acted really fucking rude by growling at Taehyung and now he wasn't even willing to apologize.

Which was stupid, but his pride didn't allow him to do it. In addition to that the alpha in front of him really pissed him off. He wasn't too sure why, but he triggered the urge to jump his throat and bite down in Jungkook. He could tell that Taehyung felt the exact same way about him.

The thing that probably saved them was the professor entering the classroom and slamming the door shut behind herself. Jungkook finally managed to tear his gaze away from Taehyung, sending him one last glare before moving to his seat.

If there was one thing he was certain of, it was that his alpha loathed Taehyung.

A/N

And another surprise update~

I swear this will get good... like writing this story was the most fun I had in a while💜😁