Chapter 12: An IIconic Twist

~BILLIE'S POV~

Yes, it was my plan to get pregnant with PJ's baby.

I know. It was a terrible thing to do to an engaged man, but I had to do something, I loved him so much, and I had to get him away from Peyton.

I stared at the pregnancy test in my hands. I knew it was a dirty trick, but it was needed. I was pregnant with PJ's baby now. Hopefully he pays attention now.

I felt my phone vibrate, so I pulled it out of my pocket, and it was PJ. 'We need to talk' it said. Just that. I was slightly concerned now, but I responded 'Alright. Where?'

He took a moment to respond, but when he did, he just sent 'Catering', so I stood up and started walking there, pregnancy test in my pocket.

When I got there, I saw PJ and Peyton both sitting there, waiting for me. I was really nervous, but I sat down across the table from them. It was quiet, so I was even more nervous.

"...You have some explaining to do Jess." PJ told me, slightly mad. I got even more nervous, but I took a breath and readied myself to talk.

"...Phoenix...I love you...Really, I'm not kidding. I've loved you ever since you saved us from Rhys all those years ago...I know that taking advantage while you were drunk was the wrong way to go about things, but you just wouldn't pay attention to me otherwise...I wanted you to look at me like you look at Peyton..." I explained to him, not looking at him or Peyton, just staring at the table.

"Jess..." He said, not knowing what else to say, so Peyton piped up.

"Phoenix, you and I are already together..." She told me quietly, almost a whisper. I contemplated everything, and rubbed my temple a little.

"Jess...I want an answer this time...why did you run away?" I asked her, and in my peripheral vision, I saw Peyton quickly dart her eyes to Billie, almost with a threatening look.

~PJ'S POV~

"...I-I...I can't..." She tried talking, so I cut her off before she could gather it.

"Don't give me that shit. If you love me, you'll tell me." I told her, so she looked at me in shock. She looked at Peyton, who was still looking at her slightly threateningly. I leaned forward, and kept talking.

"Don't look at Cassie. Look at me." I told her, trying to keep calm. She looked at me with a blush again, but kept eye contact with me. I had washed off my clown makeup before I gathered the two of them, so I didn't weird either of them out.

"...She'll hurt me..." Billie said under her breath, but I heard it. I was really confused, but looked over at Peyton, seeing her looking slightly surprised.

"..After the slap..." I said quietly, remembering back to the night I confessed to Peyton. Chapter 6 for all of you, where I woke Billie up from a nightmare, and she screamed and slapped me. Peyton was pissed at that, but I thought I calmed her down. She must have kept the anger, and went after Billie while I was researching El Ganador or something.

"...I told her I would hurt her if she hurt you again..." Peyton told me, so I straightened up, staring at her.

"You what?" I asked her, not knowing about that.

"After I hit you the first time...when we were in the gym...she told me she would..." Billie piped up, so Peyton shot her another threatening look, then looked back at me.

"...at that point, I wasn't willing to let you go...I found out I loved you that morning, when I almost kissed you...and...well...when she hit you again...I lost it." She explained to me, so I looked disgusted.