Chapter 16: Some IIconic Hype

~BILLIE'S POV~

PJ walked backstage after destroying Shane McMahon. Immediately, Peyton and I ran up to him. That last spot really scared us both, and when we got to him, he was leaning against the wall, holding his back in pain.

"Phoenix! Are you okay!?" I shouted, grabbing his arm. He breathed heavily and rubbed his back a bit, so I put my hand there.

"Man, you need a little break..." I told him as Peyton gently grabbed his other arm. He looked like he didn't want to take a break, and knowing him, that look was accurate, but he knew he had to, at least for a week.

"Alright..." He told us, so I grabbed his phone, we took him to the car.

When we got him to our apartment, we immediately put him into bed, then we both sat down on the couch, exhausted.

"Big day, huh?" I asked her, considering she was more tired than I was. She blew air out of her mouth and nodded with wide eyes.

"Yeah...real big..." She told me, so I laughed. I was about to keep talking, but one of the phones in my pockets started vibrating. I was confused, then pulled it out, seeing it was PJ's phone, and it was an unfamiliar number.

"Who is it?" Peyton asked, looking over my shoulder. I shrugged, staring at it.

"Should I answer?" I asked, and she just gestured to the screen. After a second of hesitation, I hit answer and put it on speakerphone.

"Hello, this is Phoenix Jaegar's phone." I told the person on the other line, only to hear one of the most freaky voiced I've ever heard in my life.

"Where is Phoenix?" The man asked, his voice sounding like a lions growl. It gave me goosebumps, so I looked at Peyton, who was also nervous.

"Uh...Phoenix is sleeping at the moment...can I take a message?" I asked, feeling nervous. It took a moment for that voice to come back up.

"Tell him he has one more chance." He told me, still sounding like a growl. Then he hung up. I stared at the phone for a moment, as the screen turned black.

"That's...not comforting..." Peyton told me, so I nodded and leaned back, then put the phone on the table.

"Fuck...what are we supposed to tell PJ?" I asked her, so she sighed and widened her eyes, thinking about our situation.

"Maybe...maybe we just don't tell him?" She asked me, so I looked really confused.

"W...What?" I asked her, eyes wide and head tilted. She gritted her teeth with a concerned look in her eyes.

"He's not going to say yes to anything that guy says, you know that. I just...I just think it would be best if he didn't know he got the call." She told me, so I thought about it for a second.

"He'll find out eventually...it would be best if we told him before that, so he didn't get mad at us again..." I told her, so she thought about it for a few seconds.

"Yeah...yeah, you're right..." She told me, so I nodded a bit, leaning forward.

"I'll tell him...I spoke to that guy..." I told her, so she nodded, leaning back against the couch.

After a few hours, PJ walked out of the bedroom without a shirt, running his hands through his hair. I couldn't help but stare at his great body, but that still didn't calm me down.

"Hey...what's going on?" He asked us, so I looked over at Peyton, who sighed a little bit.

"I'll let you two do this..." She told me, so she stood up and walked off to the kitchen area. I looked over at PJ, seeing him looking concerned, so I patted the seat beside me, and he sat down there.