Chapter 1

Katsuki kept his hood up and his head against the window as his parents drove through the seeminly never ending streets. They were on their way back to the small town they used to live in when Katsuki was a kid. He didn't remember too much about it, just vague feelings of nastalga as they starting getting closer and closer to their finally destination.

The original move was never supposed to be permenant, his parents had been traveling for work, so they never sold the old house. Katsuki would be right back where he started all those years ago.

"-suki."

"-atsuki!"

"Katsuki!" His mother's shouting finally caught his attention, making him pull his headphone out of one ear and send her an annoyed glare.

"I was asking if you were excited to reconnect with some of your old friends." Mitsuki Bakugou restated, her moods shifting completely after getting her brat's attention.

The youngest Bakugou rolled his ruby eyes at the question. "I barely remember anyone from here." He stated in a low voice as they finally pulled up to the house after hours of driving.

"That's too bad, it'd be nice for you to already have friends by the time school rolled around." She tutted while opening the passanger door and getting out of the car.

"All the old furniture is supposed to still be here and hopefully in salvagable shape. Moving truck should be here tomorrow or maybe the day after." Masaru said while looking over at his wife.

The blond woman stretched her arms above her head as she smiled broadly. "Great! Let's grab our bags and go inspect the place then." She said loudly, grabbing a few of the bags from the trunk, the two males following suit.

Masaru struggled unlocking the door, seeing as no one had used the lock in years, but evetually it gave way. It nearly made him fall over when it abruptly opened, but he managed to right himself. He threw a sheepish grin over his shoulder while leading the way into the dusty house.

Walking in brought back a rush of suppressed memories for Katsuki. He tended to block out most of his childhood, seeing as it wasn't the... happiest time of his life. He was quiet the asshole, always pushing others away or ruling in fear. There was always a feeling of deep loneliness in the child that didn't seem to go away until he moved and made real friends. Ones that helped him get past his anger and tempermental personality.

Don't get it twisted, he was still pretty self centered and egotistical. He didn't care what other poeple think of him and couldn't care less about fitting in, but now he wasn't- well he wasn't a bully anymore. He was just a dick when provoked.

It's progress.

"You remember where your room is, right?" Katsuki's father asked, a smile still present on his face.

Katsuki, on the other hand, looked almost lost in the big house. Besides the look, he still nodded. He wasn't physically lost, just lost in his own head.

He made his way up the stairs, dragging his hand along the railing as he was brought back to a time when he'd slide down it, only to be scolded by his mother.

Once making it to the top of the staircase, he took a turn down the hall, finally coming to the door with 'Katsuki' in faded bubble letters.

'Guess I need to paint the door again.' Katsuki thought to himself as he pushed it opened. It was old and unused, so there was an eerie creak that shot a tingle down the teenager's spine.

"It's like I walked into a horror set. Jesus Christ." He mumbled out loud.

The first thing he noticed about the room, was that the window was open. The second thing he noticed was the green haired teen staring at him like a deer caught in headlights, sitting on the bed.

"Who are you and why the fuck are you in my house?" Katsuki growled at him, cautiously dropping his bag down next to him.

The kid in front of him was small, but probably around Katsuki's age. He looked familiar, probably someone Katsuki knew before the move. He didn't appear to be a threat, so the blond wasn't too worried about him.

"This house has been abandoned for years." The green haired boy said cautiously as he slowly stood up.

"Surprise, we moved back. Now get the fuck out." Katsuki said in a hostile tone, nodding his head towards the window. That's how the freak got in, that's how he'd get out.

The boy's face scrunched in confusion at his words. "Moved back?..." He mumbled quietly.

Katsuki raised a brow at the question. "Katsuki Bakugou, did I know you or something?"

Realization overcame the small teen's face before he quickly sprinted for the window, stepping through and disappearing onto the roof and then to the forest behind Katsuki's house. The blond just watched him run.

"What a fucking weirdo." He said too himself.

He was slightly unsettled by the fact that 'green-haired-guy' had probably been in and out of his room a fair amount of times. Doing a thorough look over, checking to make sure there wasn't anything in there that shouldn't have been in a ten year olds room, Katsuki discovered that nearly everything was left untouched. Even the old toys he had left had a thick layer of dust on and surrounding them, indicating they hadn't been touching in years.

Katsuki was even more confused now. "He just- he broke into my house to sit on my bed and touch nothing? What a fucking weirdo."

But there was something about the boy that bothered Katsuki, more than his weird habits.

Katsuki knew him, he knew he did. And it was killing him on the inside. The whole boy's identity was on the tip of his tongue, but he just couldn't seem to place it. Maybe he could ask his mom later if she remembered any green haired boys with freckles.

"Katsuki! Pizza's here!" He heard his dad yell from downstairs.

"Be right there!" Katsuki shouted back, still looking over his room.

Something felt off about it, but he couldn't place it. He eventually just shook off the feeling, assuming it was just his mind playing tricks on him because he knew that someone had been in there. He headed out of his room, his stomach growling for food.

He never did notice the dirty, yellow backpack shoved in between his dresser and the wall.