Chapter 2

"I forgot how small this goddamn town is." Katsuki complained as he fell back onto his bed.

He had been back for a few days now and had discovered that there wasn't much to do in his hometown. As a kid, he hadn't really noticed, never knowing anything else and not needing anything to do. He'd just hang out with other kids and go to a park or something.

Kaminari laughed through the skype call Katsuki's friends had forced him to join. "That sucks dude." He said, no actual sympathy in his voice.

"What do people in small towns even do? I've lived in the city my entire life." Kirishima asked, his screen glitching slightly as he moved from his desk to his bed.

"Nothing. They do nothing, clearly." Katsuki said, staring at his ceiling instead of the call.

"Bakubabe," Mina called. "I just looked up the town. There's tons of shit to do. You just don't have anyone to do them with, so you're bitching to us. I knew you missed us!"

"Exposed!" Sero said in the background, but he was ignored as Katsuki started to argue with the pink haired girl.

"I do not miss you guys! If anything I'm ecstatic that you're all hours away from me." He shot back instantly.

"Well that sucks, because all of our parents were talking and apparently next week we're gonna be staying with you." Mina said casually as she picked at her nails.

The call went quiet for a few moments. Apparently Mina had been the only one to know about the small trip.

"Wait, really?!" Kaminari asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Dude, that's so cool!" Kirishima said excitedly. "We get to see where Bakubro grew up."

"I hate all of you." Katsuki said with a grumble as he let himself fall back to his previous lying position.

"Awe, we love you too." Sero cooed. "No homo though."

"Says the designated straight friend of the group." Mina said with a snort.

"I don't even know if I'm gay!" Kaminari exclaimed. He had told his friends that he wasn't exactly sure what he was yet, and Mina was being very supportive.

Katsuki rolled his eyes at the blond's interjection. "How many times have you hung out with eye bags already this summer?" He asked.

"That's not-"

"How many times, Pikachu?"

"... a lot."

"Gayyyy." Kirishima joked.

Kaminari huffed as he crossed his arms. "Oh yeah? And how's Tetsutetsu doing?"

"My boyfriend's doing just fine, thanks for asking." Kirishima said back in a proud tone.

"Whoa wait, you two are finally dating?" Sero asked. They had spent almost their entire junior year listening to Kirishima whine and complain that they weren't official.

Kirishima was grinning widely. "Yup, as of-" He trailed off to see what the date was. "Eight days ago."

"You've had a boyfriend for eight days and we're just now hearing about it?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katsuki had ended up on the skype call for way longer than he had wanted. Not that he didn't like hearing from his friends, he just had a lot of unpacking he still needed to do.

It was now late, late enough for it to be dark, but Katsuki wasn't really paying attention. He didn't have any light in his room except for a small lamp, the ceiling light wouldn't turn on and his parents had to get a professional to check the house's wiring or something like that, the blond hadn't been listening.

He was taking a few things out of one of the boxes he had labeled as 'random'. They were small knick knack type things that didn't really fit into any other category. He had just turned towards his closet when he heard something at his window.

Since finding that boy in his room, he hadn't wanted to keep the window open, but it was too hot in his room to have it closed.

Katsuki quickly turned around, nearly falling backwards while doing so.

The green haired boy was crouched on the window sill, his emerald eyes narrowed at Katsuki. "Guess you weren't kidding then." He mumbled.

"No, I wasn't fucking kidding. Why the hell are you here? Didn't see the cars in the driveway or something?" The blond sneered at him. This kid was starting to creep him out more and more.

"Didn't look in the driveway." He answered in a monotone voice as he moved to sit on the sill and let his legs dangle into the room.

Katsuki rolled his eyes at the answer. "Didn't see the light coming from inside the room?" He asked instead.

The boy looked up at the lamp, startled, almost as if he was just noticing it. "Oh." Was all he said.

Katsuki pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "How dense are you?"

He looked up after a few moments of not getting a response. The other boy was just sitting on the window sill, looking over Katsuki's room.

"Oi, weirdo." Katsuki snapped, making the boy flinch and look up at him. "Why the fuck did you come back? I told you we moved back in."

The boy didn't answer right away, making Katsuki think that he was going to stay quiet again.

"I don't remember a lot from my childhood." The boy suddenly spoke up, but his voice was quiet and sounded confused.

"That's my problem, how?" The blond asking in annoyance.

"But I remember this house, this room specifically." The boy told him, looking up at Katsuki. "And a blond boy with burning red eyes. He was always yelling for some reason or another, but he kept the other kids off my back. Then one day he left."

Katsuki wasn't exactly sure how to respond. He knew that he recognized the other boy, but he couldn't exactly put specific memories to the face. It was almost a feeling he had towards him. Like nostalgia and... something else. Longing? As if he was missing something, but he couldn't remember what it was.

With a sigh, Katsuki checked outside his room to make sure his parents were already in bed, before shutting his door. He went over to his bed and took a seat. "Sounds like me." He admitted, keeping his eyes on the other boy. Just because he was humoring him, didn't mean he trusted him. Not in the slightest.

"Do you remember me at all?" The boy asked, leaning his shoulder against the side of Katsuki's window.

Talking to the boy gave Katsuki a chill. There just wasn't something right about the way he talked. He sounded too detached from his surroundings, like he was some sort of robot.

The blond shrugged in response. "I barely remember anything from living here, let alone the people." He answered truthfully.

The boy nodded, as if he was expecting to be forgotten by the boy he was supposedly friends with. "That's okay. I'm used to it, Kacchan."

Before Katsuki could even wrap his head around the response, the boy was gone. He rushed over to the window, to see if he could catch him before he got too far away, but he was already jumping down from the roof.

"Kacchan?" Katsuki whispered to himself.

The nickname was almost more familiar than the boy himself. Katsuki could now say that he was one hundred percent sure he used to know the green haired teen.

He just didn't remember it.