Chapter 5

"Let's start there then."

Deku rolled his eyes at the blond, even though he couldn't see it from his spot. "That's a very vague starting point, Kacchan." He told him.

"Vague answers are better than no answers."

The shorter of the pair nearly groaned. He wasn't sure if he had forgotten how smartass-ish the blond was or if it was a new development. "Just ask me your questions and I'll give you some answers." He repeated.

"You being this persistent about wanting me to ask questions means there's something you don't want to tell me and you're hoping I just don't ask the right questions." Katsuki casually said, as if he wasn't micro analyzing Deku and everything he did.

So they had been friends, best friends, when they were kids. People grow up. People change. He still didn't know if the green haired boy was trustworthy or not. There were still a lot of things up in the air as of now.

"Ask your damn questions or you won't get anything from me." Deku said, also keeping his tone casual and aloof.

"Why do my parents seem to hate you so much?" Katsuki asked after a small pause between the two.

Deku brought a hand up to his face and pushed his overgrown bangs out of his face as he thought of the best way to answer Katsuki's question. "I'm not sure if hate is the right word for it."

"What is the right word then?"

"I honestly couldn't tell you. Your parents probably have a lot of mixed emotions because of me at this point." Deku told the blond.

There were some things about Katsuki's parents that he didn't know, and Deku wasn't sure if he needed to know them. At least not yet.

"And why is that?" Katsuki asked, keeping his head in place but moving his eyes so he could just barely glance at Deku.

"I'm not the best person for you to be around." Was the vague answer he received.

Katsuki shook his head before copying Deku and also letting his head rest against the rundown wall. "That's a terribly vague answer, Deku."

"Vague answers are better than no answers."

Katsuki nodded, knowing he deserved that one. "Touche."

"Why were you in my room when I came back?" Katsuki asked, referring to the first time he had seen Deku after moving back here.

Deku shook his head, unsure if he really wanted to answer this question.

"C'mon, if you're gonna say it's because you just liked to hang out there after I left, I won't make fun of you for it or anything." Katsuki prodded with a small eye roll. That would probably be the least weird thing that had happened or he had found out since returning.

"That's not it." Deku paused for a second. "I was... I was looking for something."

Katsuki raised a brow as he fully turned his head to look at the other boy. "Looking for what?"

Deku shook his head again, forcing himself to relax once again. "It doesn't matter."

"Just tell me what it is. Maybe I've seen it or can help look-"

"Drop it, Katsuki. It's not important." Deku snapped, making the blond raise a brow at him questioningly.

They fell into an awkward silence again, this once dragging on much longer than either boy cared to admit. Unfortunately they both seemed too stubborn to really want to break it.