Chapter 10

⚠️Trigger warning for self harm again⚠️

When the sun arose the next morning, Katsuki was awoken by his phone buzzing constantly. Again.

"Shit," he cursed while grabbing it from beside him and hitting answer.

Kirishima's voice was the one to ring through. "Dude, you're so lucky Mina's got your back. When your parents found out you weren't here, they flipped, but the goddess that is one of your best friends quickly lied and said you went to get us coffee. So, you owe us coffee." He said in one breath.

Katsuki looked down at Deku, who was still curled in his arms, but wide awake. "I might be a little while." He said to his redheaded friend.

He remembered what happened last night and knew that he and Deku had a lot to talk about now. He didn't want to rush the smaller boy, so he wasn't going to make any promises on a speedy return home.

"That's not gonna work dude, you're parents don't seem like they really believe us." Kirishima told him. The redhead was in the living room while Ashido and Kaminari chatted up Katsuki's parents in the kitchen, trying to distract them from their son's absence.

"Then leave and say you're going to come meet me somewhere or something. Say I found a cool store or some shit, I don't care." Katsuki said tiredly, just wanting to hang up and talk to Deku properly.

Kirishima groaned on the other end of the line, "Fine, I'll try. Just be careful, wherever the hell you are now."

"Aren't I always, shitty hair?" Katsuki asked back before the two ended their call.

Now that Katsuki was able to put his phone away, his full attention was on the green haired teen in his arms. "Care to talk about last night?"

Deku shook his head, letting it rest against Katsuki's chest as he tried to avoid his problems.

Katsuki sighed and used one hand to lift Deku's chin so they could make eye contact. "I know you don't want to talk about it, but you need to." He said softly.

Thinking on his feet, just wanting to distract the blond, Deku let his eyes flick down to his lips. "Or..." whispered, leaning in and placing a soft kiss there. Okay, so maybe he also wanted to kiss Katsuki again too. He was killing two birds with one stone.

Startled by the actions, Katsuki initially kissed back, only to pull away a few seconds later. "If you won't talk about it, at least let me see how bad those cuts are. I just want to make sure you're okay." He muttered against the other's lips.

"That's not nec-" Deku started, but Katsuki had already lifted one of his sleeves.

"Deku, it's completely soaked in blood!" Katsuki scolded.

Deku didn't seem all that bothered by the discovery. He let out an airy sigh while reaching behind him, grabbing a first aid kit Katsuki hadn't noticed last night. "I assume you want to wrap them?" He asked, holding the small box out to the blond.

Taking it without hesitation, Katsuki got to work unwrapping Deku's previous layer of gauze. Once he got sight of the actual cuts, he stared wide-eyed. "Holy shit, Deku. You need stitches." He exclaimed. The wounds were deep and Katsuki wasn't exactly sure how the other boy was still standing.

Deku shook his head. "I'll be fine, please just wrap them. I really hate the feel of blood dripping down my arms." He muttered quietly. He had pulled his knees up to his chin and wrapped his free arm around his legs.

"No, seriously. These are bad. I can't believe you haven't passed out yet." Katsuki told him, trying to figure out how quickly he could call an ambulance and make it back to his house with Deku.