Chapter 4 - Band's New Assistant

"Miss Jean, come down. Don't be scared. We don't bite!" Dave uttered those teasing words as he invited Stella to come down. 

       Stella was not in a good shape and among the four, only Dave noticed that she's in pain. He offered his hand and assisted her. Stella looked up to Dave and said, "Thank you, but I'm okay." 

       "Don't be so stubborn, okay? How can you say that you're okay when your leg is still bleeding." Dave decided to held her with both hands instead. Stella can no longer say no to Dave. She covered her face with her bag, feeling shy at that moment. 

       There were six people in the elevator, including Stella. She was still held by Dave.

       When they reached the 7th floor, Ken stepped forward and easily opened a wide and grandiose door by just tapping a silver card.

       Ken left a message before leaving, "Master Adelbert, please let me know if there's anything you need apart from dinner." 

       "Bring our dinner here and call the nurse to help Miss Jean." Adelbert ordered Ken. 

       "Yes Master." Ken obediently answered and quickly moved out. 

       Dave carefully put down Stella on a comfortable position on the sofa. He approached Stella's side and whispered, "Prepare for an intense Q and A after dinner." 

       Stella just nodded, for she clearly understood what he meant. Though she was really threatened, she had no other choice but to deal with the situation. 

       The dinner was served. They all moved to the dining table to eat. Stella, though she also came from a wealthy family, it was her first time to experience eating on a long dining table full of different dishes. She felt like she's attending a feast, but only five of them are on the table. 

       When they have finished eating, the nurse came in and brought some medicine for Stella. The nurse was very efficient. She covered Stella's leg with bandage without feeling any pain. 

       Stella thanked the nurse and the nurse quickly went out. 

       Adelbert approached Stella and pulled down her right sleeve and warned her, "Don't dare lie to me woman!" He moved closer to confirm if the birth mark of Miss Jean was somehow a rare heart-shaped birth mark. 

       His eyes widened and he seemed to be stunned because of what he saw. Adelbert pushed Stella to the sofa and asked, "Who the hell are you?" 

        When Stella was about to talk, the other three band members approached them. Yuko Mori told Adelbert, "Hey dude! Calm down. Stop being so rude to her." 

       "How can I be so calm? She ruined my instrument!" Adelbert yelled and pretended to be mad. At the back of his mind, he got mad that he was unable to have a chance to talk to Stella privately. 

       "I get it. Don't worry, I don't have much money right now, but I'm going to pay you for sure." Stella told Adelbert in a low voice with an honest facial expression.

       "I don't want your money. I'm already rich, and you are aware of that." Adelbert arrogantly responded. The other members were just observing the flow of the conversation. 

       "Alright, then let me be your band's assistant. I'll do my best. I can do anything for you." Stella said confidently and moved closer to Adelbert. "I know that is what you want as a payment, right?"

       Adelbert stared at her and finally said, "What do you think guys?" 

       The leader of band asked for the consensus of everyone. No one opposed the idea. Adelbert slightly smiled and confirmed the agreement with a statement, "Since everyone agreed, it's settled then. I declare you, Miss Jean as the band's new assistant."