Chapter 6 - A Runaway Bride

Stella didn't know how to respond to Laila. She knew that what Laila have said could be true. She knew what her parents were capable of especially in desperate situations.

       "So, are you really the one in the news?", curiously asked by Yuko Mori. "It's obviously her", said Dave as he was holding his phone and watching the CCTV footage featured on a news report. The news mentioned that a woman, named Stella Mizaki went missing while at the international airport in Tokyo, Japan.

       Dave became more interested in Stella's issue. He can't help but interrogate Stella more. Van Mayer stood up and said, "Let's deal with that later after we eat breakfast, okay?" 

       "You better be honest with your words, Miss Jean", Adelbert smirked as he glanced at Stella.

       Laila joined the group and also ate breakfast. Laila's sudden appearance made Stella uncomfortable. She was unable to enjoy the food and had no longer appetite due to Laila's revelation. 

       When they all finished eating, they were told by Aldelbert to move to the living room to clarify some concerns regarding Stella.

       They all sat around Stella. No one spoke and everyone were like thinking about what to ask Miss Jean. Stel was also thinking of what to say at that time. She clearly knew that she can no longer deny to them.

       After few minutes, Stella broke the silence and said, "I'm a runaway bride."

       "WHAT the..?!" The five people responded with a great level of shock. "Wait, a runaway bride? What do you mean by that?", Yuko Mori asked. 

       "What is on the news is actually true. My real name is Stella Mizaki. Today is supposed to be my arranged wedding, but I never agreed to it. I don't want to get married but my parents' decision seemed to be final", Stella explained while she was trying to hold back her tears. 

       Everyone just listened to her honest explanation, and no one ever dared to speak again. This time, all of them felt her honesty. She was really sincere explaining everything.

       Stella, though she was so hesitant to tell the truth, she still continued talking: "I'm really sorry guys, but I never intend to cause any trouble to all of you. Last time, I had no choice but to invade your compartment, for I was being chased by a bunch of body guards. They were sent by my parents that time. Again, I'm so sorry if I decided not to tell the truth when you were all asking a lot of things about me. I thought of you guys sending me back to my parents right away."

       "So, what are you going to do now?", Dave asked. 

       Stella's facial expression revealed that she's really worried about what to do next. She knew pretty well that she will never be at peace, because of what she did to her parents and to her fiance.

       She raised her two hands to cover her face with her two palms and said, "Please, let me die!" 

       Laila burst in laughter upon hearing Stella's words and told Stella: "Idiot! Don't waste your life. Women are stronger than men." 

       Yuko Mori did not hesitate to speak and asked Stella: "Who's the guy?" 

       "He is Kim Jaemin, head of the Chungdam Incorporation", said Stella. 

       "Then, we need to take precautionary measures", Adelbert said with a firm tone.