Chapter 12 - Protect Her

After Ken told Adelbert what happened to Stella, Adelbert rushed to the tour bus. When he opened the door, he saw Stella lying down on the couch and was asleep. Ken started driving the private tour bus. 

       On their way to the hotel, Stella was still sleeping. The members of the band, including their manager got a chance to talk. 

       The guys were a bit tired after their show. Since the couch was occupied by a sleeping lady, decided to stay at the mini bar area of the bus to get some drinks. 

       Dave asked Adelbert, "We'll be in a big trouble for sure. Why did you decide to keep her after knowing her situation?" Adelbert just stared at him while holding a glass of wine and said nothing.

       "Don't tell us you have finally fallen in love?", Van Mayer teased Adelbert and laughed.

       Yuko, who was sitting next to Adelbert was just silent, but also sensed the awkward situation. After few minutes of unusual silence, Adelbert said, "It's not yet time." 

       "What do you mean? Come on, you need to tell us. Let us understand why you are doing this", said Laila. Her tone was full of confusion as she talked to Adelbert. 

       "I still need to confirm something. For now, just do what I want. We need to protect her", he answered calmly. 

       "You mean from Kim Yoona?", Laila confirmed as she seriously looked at Adelbert's eyes. 

       "From all the people who would dare to touch her", Adelbert said without any facial expression. They were greatly surprised after hearing Adelbert's words. They knew that something came up but having difficulty figuring it out. 

       "We're finally here!", Ken announced their arrival, but Stella was still sleeping. Adelbert told the rest to leave the bus first. Adelbert's eyes was focused to Stella's beautiful face and slowly carried her with his two mighty arms. He went directly to Stella's assigned room and carefully put her on the bed, then left.

                                                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

       *** at the Villa of Kim Family ***

       "Sir, we still don't have a grasp of Lady Stella's whereabouts", said by the staff. 

       "This is nonsense! Make sure to continue the search. We need to find her as soon as possible!", Kim Jaemin ordered the leader of his subordinates and violently slammed his table. 

       He is loosing patience not being able to see Stella. Though his love towards Stella is a one-sided love, he is still crazy over her. He didn't care if Stella loves him back or not. He got up to pour some red wine into his glass and said, "Stella, you are mine, and mine alone!"

       At Mizaki Family's ancestral mansion, Stella's parents were already frustrated not being able to find her. Stella is the only daughter of Mizaki family. However, they preserved Stella to be wed to a wealthy man. Her parents only cared about pleasing the Kim family and disregarded Stella's feelings. 

       Mizaki family is also considered as one the richest families in Japan. They are famous in terms of manpower outsourcing services all throughout the country. Stella's father, being a very ambitious man, he wanted to venture into food business with Kim family. In order to expand and to maintain the progress of their family business, he engaged himself in an agreement to have his only daughter be in an arranged marriage with Kim Jaemin, the newly appointed CEO of Chungdam Food Company, Incorporated. The said arrangement was easily agreed upon, since both sides have a good family relationship. As per Kim Jaemin's request, his father was the one who proposed the marriage few years ago.

       "Kring... kring.. " Saito Mizaki, Stella's father received a phone call and loudly said, "What?! My daughter is in Korea?"