Chapter 5 - No More Secrets

Stella was unable to understand her true feelings, either happy or angry. What she cared about was her successful escape from the arranged marriage set by her parents. Her wedding with Kim Jaemin was unstoppable. It was already scheduled the next day. She tried convincing her parents to discontinue the wedding, but failed. 

       In the hotel, Stella was given a special treatment after Adelbert declared her position as the band's new assistant. She was also given a private room where she was able to wash and change her clothes. While resting, she took her phone to check if there were messages from her best friend, Yuri Khan. 

       To her utmost surprise, there were 108 unread messages from Yuri. She remembered that she was supposed to meet Yuri in Kanazawa City right after she was able to get rid of the body guards sent by her father. 

       Stella had no roaming number to text or call Yuri. She left her room to see, if there's someone who could let her borrow a phone. It was urgent for her to call Yuri. 

       There were many rooms inside the suite. Stella roamed around to see who could help her make a call to Japan. She saw Adelbert at the Veranda holding a glass of wine. 

       Stella walked toward him and asked, "Why are you alone?" 

       "Why do you care?", Adelbert coldly responded. "Do you need something?", he added.

       Without beating around the bush, Stella spoke, "May I borrow your phone? I need to make a call." 

       "At this hour? It's already past eleven. Well, I'll let you use my phone, only if you tell me your true identity", he told Stella with a bossy tone.

       Stella started feeling anxious and said, "I'm Jean Makino from Kanazawa. I hid myself inside your compartment because I was avoiding someone at the airport." 

       "Hiding from whom?", asked Adelbert. 

       "I.. I.. I borrowed a huge amount of mo..money from a friend and I can't pay her on time", said Stella. She was stuttering while explaining. She was even unable to look at Adelbert while talking.  

       Adelbert's eyes got narrowed, eyes focused to Stella and said, "You're not good at lying."  

       "No phone calls!", he added and then walked out.

       Stella knew that she's not really good at lying. Because she was so embarrassed, she did not insist to make a phone call and went back to her room.

       The next morning, Stella was awakened by a knock on her door. She hurriedly opened the door and saw it was Ken. He smiled and said, "Good morning Miss Jean. Here are some new clothes. Please prepare and proceed to the restaurant for breakfast." Stella nodded and thanked him.

       After half an hour, Stella went to the restaurant. "Wow! another feast", she said. Stella was quite amazed with the dishes prepared for them. The band members were already sitting down on a long table when they noticed Stella and greeted her, except Adelbert. 

       "Good morning my dear bosses!", Stella greeted them with a bright smile. 

       "It's too early to celebrate Miss Jean", Adelbert instantly changed Stella's mood. "Eat well first and then, I'll show you the contract I made." 

        "A contract?", Stella yelled with a confused tone.

       "Do you think you can easily get away after what happened? I'll explain the contract I made between you and the band later", said Adelbert. He was totally serious as he told Stella about it. Stella kept herself silent and did not argue with Adelbert.

       "Contract for what?!" 

       The words came from a woman who just arrived. It was Laila Mori, the band's manager.

       "Oh, we have a guest", said Laila and interrupted the group eating at the restaurant. She immediately took her phone, checked her social media account, and gazed at Stella's face. 

       "Dear, your face is all over the news! I think you are a missing person. There are some people looking for you", said Laila. Everyone got shocked and became more curious about Stella.

       Adelbert actually called Laila last night to investigate about Stella. He pretended to know nothing, stared at Stella and said, "It looks like I need to revise the contract Miss Jean. 'No more secrets' should be added as a policy."