Chapter 8 - A Jealous Fan

"Hey, Marie! It's been a while. It's good to see you again!", Dave Nakamura approached the pretty lady with his arms wide open, and embraced her. Laila and the rest of the members did the same thing with cheek to cheek greetings. 

       Stella was just observing them from behind. She can sense the closeness between the woman named Marie and the band. Stella was having thoughts in her mind like: "She's not a Korean for sure. Her features are more of a western side. She's probably an American because of her shiny brown hair and light blue eyes." Well, as an avid fan of the band, Stella felt a little bit jealous. 

       Adelbert called Stella's attention to introduce her to Marie and said, "Miss Jean, I want you to meet our good friend and the President of Royal Entertainment, Marie Sanders." Stella was unable to respond on time. Her reaction was a bit late and suddenly realized that Marie was already in front of her ready for a handshake. 

       "Hi Miss Sanders! It's nice to meet you", said Stella. She immediately reached Marie's hand for a quick handshake. Laila interrupted and said, "Marie, by the way, she's our new assistant."

       "An assistant? Why do you need a lady assistant?", Marie asked in a jealous tone. 

       "Uhh.. It's a give and take thing actually. We are helping her, and she's helping us back." Yuko Mori answered in a friendly way. 

       "Okay then. Let's go, it's time to tune up everything on stage. Don't forget to do a warm up", Marie said and hurriedly walked away.   

       Stella helped Ken to bring other light stuff to the dressing rooms. There were many staff who also came to assist them. At the back stage side of the concert hall, there were four exclusive dressing rooms for the band members. The make up artists and designers were already waiting outside. 

       A few minutes later, everything was set. The loud cheer coming from the crowd was too loud. The other members already went to the stage entrance except Adelbert. He intentionally let his band members to go on first. He moved closer to Stella and whispered, "Don't forget our bottled water, Miss assistant!" He slightly pinched Stella's nose and winked at her. 

       When Adelbert was already heading to the stage entrance, Stella shouted full of excitement, "Aye aye, Sir! Break a leg!" Adelbert heard what she said and smiled. 

       Stella pinched her nose too. She felt very happy and confused at the same time. How come that Adelbert acted a little bit strange? He was always cold towards her. 

       Chained Harmony's set list consisted of 20 songs including their encore. The concert started on time at 6:00 o'clock in the evening. Stella was with Ken at the back stage. Ken assisted her and instructed her to put some bottled water on stage every after 30 minutes. Both of them were alert the whole time to get some good timing when lights were out.  

       Time came for the second round of bottled water replacements. Stella quickly went to the stage to put them while the lights were off. As she was about to get up and leave, her right foot was entangled with a thin cord. 

       When she took few steps, she swiftly fell down, but did not hit the floor. She felt that someone grabbed her waist and supported her to regain balance. 

       "Are you okay?", a similar voice asked her. 

       The lights were unexpectedly turned on, and she finally saw the man holding her. He was none other than, Adelbert. The drums started playing as soon as the lights were on, but she was still in a great shock that Adelbert was holding her in front of a huge crowd. 

       The audience reacted too loud. Many people started asking who's the girl on stage with the vocalist. The fans became jealous of her.