Unexpected

Summer starts today. My new life starts today. I was flying to London to start my new life. I just finished high school and wanted to hold off college for a year to figure out what I wanted to pursue.

"Stephanie! Hurry! You don't wanna be late for your flight!" my mom yelled up the stairs.

"Coming!" I replied back while I packed my last belongings into my suitcase. Once I zipped up my luggage, I placed it by the door and took one last look at my room. I won't be seeing this place for a while. All my childhood memories will forever live here. But now, I am a grown woman practically. 17 years old; turning 18 in less than a month.

I quickly brought down my luggage downstairs and brought it to the car. This car had so many memories too. I found my dog, Kiana, because my mom nearly ran over her. When we first took her in, we realized she had no owner. It took LOTS of begging to keep her. I had won the argument and I'm happy they made that decision. I don't think they regretted it. Kiana is very friendly and her plush, light golden fur shimmers in the light. No one can resist.

After closing the trunk, I headed back into the house to have dinner with my parents. I stepped into the kitchen and approached the dining table. My mom cooked some pasta. Not really caring if it was good or not, I dove in. I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I didn't take a lunch break because I wanted earn a bit more money for London as my job as a Starbucks barista.

After dinner, we all jumped into the car and drove to the airport. My parents told me to take Kiana with me because as part of the bargain for keeping her, I had to practically take care of her all on my own. I didn't complain because I loved Kiana. She was never a pain in the butt or a hassle. Kiana was the perfect dog you could wish for. As we approached the airport, I attached the leash to Kiana. I was ready to go.

I said my farewells to my parents and hugged them. They knew I was a grown woman now. I'm happy that they trusted me. I'm not that type of person who likes to get drunk at parties. So I was a perfect angel to them. After all the security we had to go through, I finally boarded the plane. I got to sit first class because my parents weren't going with me. YAY!

Just as all the passengers boarded the plane, I relaxed a bit because the person sitting next to me wasn't someone annoying. It was a business man who totally didn't care what was going around him because he was so absorbed into his phone. After about 20 minutes, the plane was up in the air and the seat belt sign had turned off. This one boy, sitting diagonally from me, got up to use the restroom. On the way back to his seat, he noticed Kiana in my lap.

"Awww!" the boy with the shaved head and British accent said.

I was a sucker for British people. I just loved their accents and just when I heard his, I melted.

"Uh...hi?" I said, not really sure what to say. On the inside, I was gushing about his accent.

"Haha. Hi. I'm Liam. I just couldn't help seeing your adorable dog there. I've always wanted one!" He said taking the empty seat across the aisle.

"Hi. I'm Stephanie," I replied and smiled. "Here. You can hold her."

I gave Kiana over to Liam. He totally connected with dogs. Kiana loved him.

While I was watching Liam play with Kiana, I was thinking deeply. I knew that name sounded familiar. Liam....I swear he was famous or something...OH. MY. GOD. HE'S LIAM PAYNE FROM ONE DIRECTION.

Once I realized who he was, I remained calm, but I had a shocked look on my face. Unfortunately, he noticed.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah...I'm fine."

The seat belt sign turned back. We were landing soon.

"Well, I should get back. We should hang out sometime. You should meet the boys too." He took my phone on the table and entered his number.

"The boys?" I mumbled dumbly. I barely knew anything about One Direction, but I loved their music.

"Haha. Yeah. Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn."

"Oh haha. Well I'm excited to see you and the boys soon!" I replied back cheerfully with a smile on my face.

"Bye!" He said. He gave Kiana back and hugged me warmly.

"Bye!"

Liam returned to his seat. I heard some talking in his area. From the corner of my eye, I caught the other boys looking at me while I was stroking Kiana's fur. They all looked pretty friendly. They'll probably be my first real friends in London.

The plane landed quickly and I took a taxi back to my new flat. The flat was HUGE. My mom bought it for me. This flat was big enough to have at least five extra guests! My mom new exactly what I needed. It was as if someone had been living here before. This is just perfect!

I settled in and started unpacking. After, I took a tour of the flat. It already had food in the fridge. My mom really had EVERYTHING prepared for me! I grabbed a soda can and jumped on the couch. I started watching tv, but I had no idea what I was watching. So out of my boredom, I decided to call Liam.

"Hello?"

"Hi Liam! It's Stephanie. Do you wanna hang out some time? I have nothing to do and I don't know London that well."

"Yeah! We can hang out tomorrow! I'll pick you up at 10 in the morning and we can walk around town. I'll bring the boys too! Does that sound good?"

"Yes! I'll text you my address later! See you then!"

"Okay! Bye!" His cheery voice chirped.

Less than 24 hours till I get to see Liam and the boys! Just then when I thought of the boys, I remembered when the boys looked at me on the plane, one of them looked at me differently. A good kind of different though.