Chapter 1

Third Person POV

The City hospital in Delhi was busy as usual. It was crowded with patients and their relatives.

The doctor was moving here and there to each room while trying their best to save their patients.

Everyone was sitting with their loved ones and some were crying for the ones whom they have lost.

Like that, a man around 23 was sitting on a chair near a woman who was around 21.

He was clutching her hand and was sobbing and was thinking just one thing 'Only If'.

He really loves her but due to his one mistake, she is in this condition.

The doctor is saying that her condition is getting worse. She is not reacting to the medicines.

As if she has lost all her hopes to like. Like she just wanted to end her life.

Her face was covered in bruises. Her lips have a cut on the corner. Her eyes were swollen shut.

The doctor told me that she has also miscarried her baby due to the kick she had gotten on her stomach.

And also that it was not the first time she miscarried a baby. It was more than one. As a result, she can't become a mother again.

She also has a punctured lung. Her ribs were bruised. But his blood boiled when the doctor told her that she was sexually assaulted.

That, someone, had raped her for almost 2 or more years. 

His heart broke into pieces when he saw her almost lifeless body on the bed.

But now he can't do anything other than to cry on his mistake. A mistake that turned her life upside down. A mistake that took her life.

"Please come back to me, Tanya. I promise I would never leave you alone again. Please come back to me. I love you." He sobbed and kissed her fragile hand.

But got no response from her. She was still lying on the bed without any movement.

The door opened and inside came Shikha Agnihotri, mother of Tanya Verma, and sighed when she saw Kabir with her daughter.

She sat on the chair next to him and said "Please stop crying Kabir beta (Son). You have been crying since this morning. You are going to get yourself sick beta."

Kabir looked at her with teary eyes and said "It was my fault aunty. I shouldn't have left her alone. Only If...... I am at fault aunty."

She caressed his hair and said "Beta I know why you are feeling this. Afterall you are her best friend. But still, beta, don't blame yourself."

Kabir shook his head and thought 'Only If, you knew about our relation aunty. Only If.'

FLASHBACK

Kabir and Tanya have been friends since childhood. They were each other's neighbors before Tania's parents changed their home when she was 15.

Their parents also were friends but after Kabir's father died, his mother stopped meeting them.

Tanya's family was from the high-class and Kabir's family from the middle class.

But they never care about this thing as their parents taught them better.

Their childhood friendship turned into a crush. They always stole glances when they saw that the other one was not noticing.

Tanya grew up in a beautiful girl who was pure as a blossoming flower.

And Kabir was handsome. Their relationship had passed the stage of crush.

Now they love each other but were very nervous and scared to tell each other because they didn't want to ruin their friendship.

One fine morning 18 years old Tanya was getting ready for the college then came out of her room to meet her parents who were always busy with their works.

Her parents were almost never at home as they both are working couples.

So she spent almost all her free time with them so that she can bond with them.

It's not like they are not loving parents. It's just they are busy with their work.

She reached downstairs and saw that her father was reading a newspaper and her mother was talking to her friend on the phone.

She sighed then put a smile on her face and sweetly said: "Good Morning Mom and Dad."

Her dad looked up from his newspaper then replied back to her with a smile then again started to read his newspaper.

Her mother just waved her hand at her and continued talking to her friend.

She sighed and started to walk toward the main door and went outside as always her parents didn't notice it.

She walked toward her car and started to drive toward Kabir's house.

After reaching the house, she got out of the car and knocked on their room.

Her heart started to beat faster when she saw Kabir's face. She was internally smiling and looked at him with a shy smile.

He hugged her as always but they knew that something changed in it.

At first, it was a friendly hug but now they were hugging each other like long lost lovers.

"Come we were waiting for you," Kabir said and they both walked inside.

She greeted his mother who was waiting for her as always with her breakfast.

"Come Tanya. Have your breakfast. I have to leave for work beta. Bye." His mother said and walked out of the house after hugging both of them.

She knew that Tanya never ate at her home as her parents were always busy.

Now Kabir and Tanya were alone at his home as always. They both ate their breakfasts quickly as they were getting late for college.

After having their breakfast, she took their plates and washed them in the kitchen.

Then both walked out of the house and sat in Tanya's car as his mother took the only car they had.

He was the one who was driving it while telling her about his plan to study in America.

His dream was to become rich and to earn that much money so that his mother would never have to work.

Tanya just smiled at this and prayed that 'God fulfill his every dream'.

But she didn't know that this prayer was going to become a curse for her.

Authors Note

Hello guys

Hope you liked it

What do you think about starting?

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW

Till then