Queen

Vicki's P.O.V

As I'm driving I feel my phone buzz so I hand my phone over to Millie.

"Did someone text me?" I ask

"It's from Drew. She says everyone is okay and managed to escape. Byrne is going to meet us at Pembroke Castle while the rest of them are going to do research on Daniella and Axel Ambrose." Millie reads.

"Thanks, tell them we're okay and we'll meet up with them soon." I tell Millie to type.

The ride was a short one. Pembroke Castle and the Cake Café weren't too far away from each other. I still have a bad feeling in my stomach. I'm scared The Viper was going to come follow us.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Millie asks as she hops out of the car.

"I'm not quite sure. We just need to look around." I tell her.

As soon as I get out of the car my feet hit a cardboard box on the ground. The cardboard box had a couple of holes at the top of it, but the holes weren't big enough to see what was inside. I pick up the box to move it out of the parking lot, but as soon as I was about to pick it up it start moving.

"What was that?" Millie asks confused.

"I'm not sure." I tell her.

I carefully open the lid to reveal a small corgi puppy.

It had grey and white fur with tiny black eyes. It looked up at me while trying to jump out of the box.

"Awwwww!!!! A puppy! Can we keep it? Please..." Millie asks with her puppy eyes.

"Please Millie we don't have time for distractions." I tell her.

She swiftly picks the puppy out of the box and holds her up to my face.

"Come on. You can't say no to that face!" Millie says shoving the dog into my face.

I have to admit the dog is pretty cute. No what am I thinking. We can't have anymore distractions.

"No." I firmly say before I change my mind.

"Aww... you're no fun." Millie states as she puts the dog on the ground letting if sniff around.

The small dog walks up to me and rubs her soft fur onto my leg. She looks up at me for approval and I can't help but smile.

"You're definitely a cutie, but the answer is still no." I tell the little one.

As the dog lays on top of my feet I hear another car pull up right next to our car. Thinking Viper Woman came for us I quickly turn around. The little puppy flies off of my feet landing in the grass.

"Hey, Vicki! Sorry I didn't mean to scare ya." Lauren B calls out as she gets out of the car, "

"No, no I'm just a little on edge that's it. I'm glad to hear you guys made it out alright." I tell her.