The Regret

Lauren Drew's P.O.V

A dark cloaked figure had just barged into the café. I see Millie and Vicki exchange glances with each other right before they charge out of the café.

"I'll ask you one more time. Where is the key?" The dark figure asks.

"I... I don't have it..." Matthew stutters

"YOU DON'T HAVE IT!?" The dark figure yells.

"No... but I know who does..." says Matthew

"It doesn't matter. My life if ruined." The dark figure cries, "I trusted you to keep the promise and you screwed up. You screw up bad Matthew. My mother is going to kill me."

I watch the dark cloaked figure take off her hood. It's a young girl with dark brown hair and black eyes. She about the same age as N would be.

"Lexi!" I call her over. She quietly tip toes over to me trying not to draw attention to herself, "Is that N?" I ask her.

"No, but she seems familiar. I feel like I know her from somewhere. Oh wait, yes! She came to the show with N on the night she disappeared. If I remember correctly her name is Miracle. She was basically tugging on Millie's arm the whole night."

"I have to talk to her. She must know where N is being hidden. Do you think that is who kidnapped N?" I ask Lexi.

"Oh, no. She far too young and weak to kidnap another child the same build and weight. But I betcha she knows who did." Lexi tells me.

I go in to make my move. I approach her and grab a hold of her wrist.

"Hey! Let go of my daughter." A woman stomps into the store and take a hold of the girl name Miracle.

"Excuse me ma'am I just have a couple of questions for your daughter." I try to explain.

"No answers will be given."

She takes a tighter grip on Miracle's arm almost twisting it around.

"I'm sorry! I tried my best! It's not my fault I didn't get the key on time! It's Matthew's fault!He's the one that broke the promise!" Miracle screams as her mom drags her closer to the front door.

"Oh, honey. You can't depend on anyone. Even your shadow leaves you when you're in darkness. It doesn't matter anyways I already took care of your job for you."

"Wait, what's going to happen to my daughter?!" Matthew screams running after them.

They all leave the café and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Lexi do you know who the mom was?" I ask her.

"Yeah I believe that was N's aunt, Iris. I saw her with N earlier that night. She seemed like a strict person from what N wrote about but I had no idea she was that strict." Lexi says referring to how she pulled her daughter out of the café.

"Okay Lauren B I need you to take my car and meet Vicki and Millie at Pembroke Castle. Iris mention that she took care of Miracle's job. I need you to make sure both of them stay safe. Also don't mention anything about what happened to Millie. She seemed terrified when she escaped so I don't want to scare her anymore."

"Yeah, that seems understandable." Byrne tells me.

"Everyone else will head over to the local library to see what they have on Daniella and Axel Ambrose." I tell everyone.

Miracle's P.O.V

My mother's grip on my wrist is getting tighter and I feel my hand go limp. She pulls me down an alleyway and into a small bar. Inside the all the lights are dimmed and the whole place looks as if a tornado ran through it. There are broken pieces of glass everywhere and it doesn't help that my long black cloak is dragging through all the debris. The place looks like it was abandoned years ago.