• chapter five •

~your pov~

The door clicked shut and you felt your heart sink. He said he liked you, right? Kissing him wasn't a terrible idea? He kissed you back, so you wondered what you had done wrong.

You made your coffee and sat down on the couch, thinking. He had said he liked you! What the hell was wrong with him? We haven't known each other for that long, but damn, don't confuse a girl like that.

You decided to go on a run to clear your head. Running always made you feel better.

You quickly changed into some workout clothes and threw your hair up into a ponytail. You slipped your shoes on and went out the door, immediately taking off. No music, no tracking. Just running.

You focused on everything but Spencer. The sound of your shoes slapping the pavement, your heartbeat, your breathing. Anything to get your mind off of him and the way his lips felt against yours.

You must've run for hours, finally realizing how far away from home you were. The sun had just passed the middle of the sky, so you guessed it was around one or two.

The run back was slower, easier. You weren't so determined to get your mind off of him because you hadn't been thinking about him. Your muscles started to give out, and you just now realized how incredibly tired you were. A PTSD dream plus an insanely intense run and thoughts of an adorable genius? You were gonna sleep like a fucking rock tonight.

You got back to your apartment and saw your roommate. She waved, popping a piece of popcorn into her mouth as she watched something on TV.

"Hey, Laurie. What's up?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I've been binging this all day. I can see why you like it."

It was your favorite show, Law and Order: SVU. Finally, she understood.

"I told you it was good. I'm gonna go shower, okay?"

She nodded, another piece of popcorn going into her mouth.

You walked into the bathroom and shut the door, turning the water on and quickly stripping. Your mind started to feel tired, and you knew you were gonna have to finish quickly so you could sleep.

You showered within a few minutes and got out, wrapping yourself in a towel and walking into your room. You picked out a large t-shirt and underwear then climbed into bed, about to turn off the lights when you stilled.

Your sheets smelled like Spencer.

The scent was intoxicating, filling up every sense in your body. It was as if he was right there next to you.

You quickly got up and grabbed new sheets, wanting to be rid of him. He obviously didn't want you, so why would you want him?

As soon as the sheets came off you put them in the washer. You felt better, but you realized that you missed him. You had known him for 10 days and you missed him? What the fuck, Y/N.

You went back into your room and turned off the light, settling into bed and falling asleep almost instantly.

Hopefully you wouldn't dream tonight.

~the next day~

You hadn't dreamed last night, thank God. No nightmares, no Spencer, no nothing.

You got out of bed and instantly went for the coffee. Caffeine was all you could think about.

As it was brewing, you got a text from Hotch.

Hotch: Be at the BAU at 10 to finish paperwork from last case.

You replied with a thumbs up, making your coffee and going back into your room. You chose black slacks, a long sleeve magenta button up, and your white Nike's. You got dressed and styled your hair, curling it then putting it in a half up/half down hairstyle.