• chapter seven •

TW: mentions of death, r*pe/sexual harassment, depression, anxiety, PTSD, and insomnia; descriptions of torture and abuse

~spencer's pov~

It's been a few hours since Y/N went to sleep, and so many thoughts were racing through my mind. She lied to me, and I'm still confused about the kiss. And her life is in danger? Not like it hasn't been in danger before, I mean, she was a fucking Navy SEAL. But now I knew her, and she was apart of the team. I cared for her.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. Just focus on one thing at a time, Spencer. Okay? Just focus on the file in front of me, I can do that.

Except it was a file on Y/N and her life before coming to the BAU. I don't know if I'm ready to know this much about her, but I have to know her past in order to save her future.

I slowly opened it, a picture of her in her dress blues in the top left corner with a name next to her picture.

Olivia Miller.

What?

I ignored it for now, reading the front page. Basic medical history, nothing too major. A couple surgeries when she was younger for some broken bones, surgeries for her back after she was injured, and she was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome when she turned 18. Yikes.

I looked at the next page. It was details about her time in medical school. Top of her class, high grades in every course. There was even a letter of recommendation for her to attend Johns Hopkins for her internship and residency. Wow.

I flipped the page up, and I saw details of her first few years in the navy. She joined at the age of 20, which meant she graduated med school at 19. She was a trauma surgeon, going out into the field almost immediately because she had taken up the skill so quickly. She was trained in martial arts, hand-to-hand combat, and basic defense. She had been trained to use a gun, but she didn't use it very often as a surgeon.

She started training as a SEAL after being a surgeon for a few years. There's comments about the way she was treated, and they were awful. She was the only female, and she was bullied and sexually harassed for it. I felt anger start creeping in, but I pushed it away. That was then, and she proved them wrong.

She was ranked first for the SEAL program, and her specialties were geographic profiling and long distance shooting. She was a sniper? She never mentioned that.

I flipped the page and saw what it said at the top: "Details of Lieutenant Olivia Miller's Capture/Torture." Oh wow, okay. Here we go.

There were pictures on the next page, and I saw her body freshly wounded. I stilled, taking in what words couldn't even begin to describe. She looked empty, her eyes darker than I had ever seem them. She was sickly thin, her skin pale and covered in dirt. Her hair had been chopped off, and it was short and raggedy. She looked so different.

She seemed to not have said much about the torture since most of these were theories based on her injuries. When she was found, she had bruises on every part of her body, her ribs were broken, and there were healing cuts all over her body. There was evidence of multiple assaults, but somehow she managed to avoid a pregnancy from them.

She was diagnosed with severe depression, severe anxiety, extreme PTSD, and insomnia when she got back home. I felt concern, mostly because it was obvious she still had a lot of these issues.

I released a shaky breath I didn't even know I was holding in. The man that was targeting her scared her so much she changed her name, moved away from her home, and cut ties with everyone from her previous life, despite being sick.