Retaking Masyaf PT 1

Author's Note: WAHOO! We are in the home stretch with two more chapters to go, plus a little preview of Book 2: The Crimson Princess. 2ArchAngelsPredatorQueen98, and RashaDarkblade89's OCs will be present for the final battle, so hold on to your buts, because the Retaking of Masyaf starts now! Enjoy!

************ 

Athena was flanked by Mary Kidd, Cory Alabastor, and Malika Avci. The three women keeping their eyes open for any trouble as they rode through the silent streets of the Holy City; Jerusalem. It would seem that her message was well-received when a group of Templars met them "The city has been evacuated to the Palaces in the area." a Templar said

"Well done," Richard said

"Templars, you will be the front wave in case of the event the Assassins and Unified Order fail." she began, "You will hide in alleyways and buildings in ambush,"

"Yes, ma'am," the templars said.

She turned her head to Richard and Saladin "Richard and Saladin split your forces, you two will take a group of men to Hope palace and protect it, send two groups of your men each to the other Palaces and have them protect the people." she said

"Be careful child, I already buried three daughters I don't wish to bury any more," Saladin said

"I shall, the only one who will be buried this day is that rat bastard of a traitor," she said before clicking her tongue and her horse bolting forward.

***********

Altair heard hoof beats outside and went to the roof to see Athena and her order arriving "About time you showed up," he said.

Quicksilver eyes looked up at him "Oh, hush King Novice, how many Assassin's haven't been corrupted by the apple?" she asked

"About twenty," he replied truthfully.

Athena dismounted and headed for the door as he dropped in from the roof entrance "Saftey and Peace my friends," Athena said

"How can there be Safety and Peace when our Mentor is a traitor," Abbas said.

Athena removed her hood for the first time around the others who weren't him, Malik, or Kadar "Alma?" Abbas asked

"My name is Athena, I am Alma's heir born of the brother hidden, an enemy has been building power for centries has arisen once more, and plans to take the free will of all who are born free." she said as someone entered the sanctuary in ancient Greek armor.

Abbas and the other Assassins unsheathed their hidden blades "Wait!" Athena said, "Look at the helmet," 

Altair looked more closely at the helmet "An Assassin," he said in shocked

Kassandra removed her helmet looking at Athena smiling softly "Never thought I would wear this armor again," 

"Considering it is just as old as you are?" Cory asked.

Kassandra glared playfully at Cory "Wait did you say just as old?" Malik asked.

Kassandra's braclet pulsed before turning into the staff of Hermies "You would be correct child," Kassandra said, "I am Kassandra Eagle Barer, great ancestor of Amunet, Granddaugher of Leonidas I of Sparta, as Alma and her sisters, and Athena and her sisters are my descendants through you Malik Al-Sayf." 

Altair went stiff at those words as Malik and Kadar both looked at Athena as she removed the locket from around her neck "The names have worn over time, but they are still the same." she said as Kassandra tapped the staff on the floor Malik's eyes turned silver as he saw through Eagle sight for the first time.

***********

On one side was his name, on the other was his brother's, Malik touched the pendant around his neck, it was a gift from Alma, his and Kadar's...sister. HYDRA murdered their little sisters. He knew Altair was sleeping with Alma and she with Altair, and he knew the child was Altair's because Alma had told Kadar who had told him. His eyes narrowed into slits at Altair "You slept with OUR SISTER?!" he yelled.

Athena looked highly amused her eyes shifting to Altair who was frozen on the spot "Well, this is a twist," Cory said as Abbas chuckled

"You stay out of this imp," he said to Cory without braking eye contact with Altair

"Whatever you say grumpy nub," Cory shot back

"As much as we would all love to see how this plays out, we have a HYDRA head to take out." Athena finally said

"Yes, that we do," he agreed looking at her before he shot a look to Altair and with his one remaining hand pointed a finger at Altair, "Don't you dare think this is over novice, we will be having words about this." 

"I can see the grave marker now," Cory began, "Here Lies Altair, cause of death: The biggest book Malik could get his hands on. Reason for death: Sleeping with his sister and getting her pregnant." 

Chuckles went around the room as he looked at Cory "Thank you, for the idea imp, I will be sure to find the biggest book and see if I can kill him with it." he said

"They loved each other, it would explain a lot of Altair's behavior brother. Alma kept him leveled without her, he lost his way again." Kadar reasoned.

Malik hated when Kadar was right "Now that, that is out of the way here is what the Assassins and the Unified Order is going to do." Athena began as she pointed to the map of Masyaf.

It was time to kick HYDRA out of it...