The Crimson Princess: Book 2

Author's note: Here is the cover of the next book as well as a preview of one of the chapters, enjoy!
**********

It had been months since she had last seen Ezio, but his ghost was there watching over her. His eyes that held that spark that awakened the must uncontrollable fire within her was dull. She wanted to pull him to her and hold him close to her chest, stroke his hair and cheek, and soothe him, but she couldn't do so. He was in his time as she was in her healing from an injury. He had to be in his mid to late twenties by now. While she was nearly turning 17. How she longed to cry his name again in the only way he could make her. She flushed with embarrassment at the thought. She was a Cameron and a Stark for crying out loud and here she was blushing like a schoolgirl around her crush.

She huffed it was no doubt in her mind what many of the girls at the brother who knew Ezio said. Once you had Ezio, there was no turning back. She heard someone behind her and drew her hidden gun to see Desmond "Dess?" she asked shocked.

Desmond embraced her in a hug "Athena when we seen you get stabbed I though the worst." Desmond said hugging her

"She's alive!" Rebecca Crane said rushing over to them

"Easy she is most likely still recovering," Lucy said

"That I am," she said sheepishly

"So, how was the Auditore sausage special?" Rebecca asked with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

Desmond groaned and covered his ears blushing a nice red hue in his cheeks and he wasn't the only one to do so, so was she. For a moment she could hear Ezio's soft laughter fill her ears "Atena, amore mio. Ti farò piangere di nuovo il mio none abbastanza presto."( Athena, my love. I will have you crying my name again soon enough.) he whispered heatedly in her ear causing her to blush more.

Even as a ghost he loved to tease her sexually! Oh, when she saw him she would give him a taste of his own medicine she would make sure of THAT! Shaun was leaning against the door frame his glasses low on his nose an extremely amused look in his eyes as he spoke: "A Stark blushing? Someone call a news crew quick!"

"So, it was that good, was it?" Rebecca purred teasingly

"What my soulmate and I do with each other is none of your concern Rebecca Crane." she finally fired back

"Oh, it's hard to do that when it is seen with baby." Rebecca chuckled.

Athena's arched a brow at Rebecca "It is what she calls her version of the Animus." Desmond said.

Lucy winced as Athena's eyes narrowed into slits "Destroy it," she ordered.

Rebecca gasped "Why?" Shaun asked

"The Animus and all variations of it are owned by Stark Industries, my father's company." Athena began, "The original prints were stolen shortly after my mother's death, by Abstrego and now William Miles the man who struck my mother while pregnant for me and my sisters has copies of it?"

"William did what?" Shaun asked in anger.

Shaun was the grandson of her grandfather's older sister who married into British family upon discovering him to be her soulmate, thus Shaun was hatched he was the baby out of 12 children. Shaun stormed over to her "William did what to Amanda?" Shaun asked

"He struck her while she was pregnant for my sisters and I." she replied, "He also gave Cory the scar that she has."

"And most recently burned the soulmark off of his daughter's shoulder," Rebecca said sadly

"He what?" she asked in shock.

Lucy nodded "Her soulmate is Malik Al-Sayf, but he has been dead for 800 years." Rebecca said

"Not if the Anhk of Osiris is used." she countered

"The Anhk that you had when you aided Altair taking down Al Muliam?" Desmond asked

"The very same, Kassandra has it. William Miles doesn't wish to set her off. She will Spartan kick his ass into the deepest smoothest pit she can find." she replied, "She is currently on her way to wake Malik, Maria, and Altair up."

"HYDRA," Desmond and Lucy said at once

"Ezio will soon need all the help he can get." she replied, "Amunet, Bayek, and Alexios are already running amuck with Kadar."

"William Miles will go after you he seems obsessed with ending the Cameron bloodline," Lucy said

"Still have no idea why." Athena countered

"Because he knows the Cameron line are the rightful mentors of the American Brotherhood." Kassandra's voice cut in.

All eyes turned to the entranceway to the villa, Kassandra had returned with Malik, Altair, and Maria in tow "That and she is the chalice meaning she is to become Queen of the Assassins and Templars. After all, she is a daughter of Leonidas." Kassandra finished.

Shaun looked at her "Should I practice my bow?" Shaun asked

"Try your curtsy," Desmond sassed.

Athena laughed at that "Oh, you cheeky git, you just wait slacker." Shaun said

"Athena, since we have been here Ezio hasn't been doing so good, since your injury he has fallen back into old habits." Desmond informed her.

Athena's heart shattered at those words, her Ezio was in pain "Then she must go to him." Altair said looking at her, "It is the only way to right his path."

Altair then looked at Desmond and lowered his hood "You shouldn't rely on the bleeding effect to train you." Altair said looking at Desmond who was rubbing his eyes

"I think I am getting a really bad case of it right now," Desmond said

"Oh, he is real." she assured him, "And Desmond, please get some sleep you look dead on your feet."

Desmond nodded as Kassandra leads him to a room "I am still weak from that stab to the gut." she said, "I was lucky to make it back to Cameron Hall in one piece."

"You should rest also sister, you are still on the mend," Altair advised

"After I deal with Malik," she said pulling out a carried crate.

She opened it to reveal Malik's new arm, that the connector was already waiting after Kassandra removed the severed bone of Malik's arm. Meaning when he was brought back the skin and nerves integrated with the connector plate. Athena had been working on the arm since Kassandra made it known to her that she was to wake Altair, Maria, and Malik "Come here Malik." she said.

Malik walked over to her removing the top part of his robes to reveal the connector plate "Whoa, someone is about to get an arm upgrade." Rebecca gushed.

There over Malik's heart was Leia Helena Miles's name Athena looked sadly at Malik as Lucy gasped "Oh, my god it is true." Lucy said

"What are they speaking about?" Malik asked

"Kassandra, I need you to find Desmond's sister Leia and take her to Wakanda. Inform Ta'chaka of what William Miles did to her," she said.

Kassandra shook her head "I can't take her to Wakanda, that is why Malik, Maria, and Altair aren't there." Kassandra said

"Shit," she growled, "Then bring her here."

Kassandra nodded the teleported away. Malik was a wreck right now as was Ezio, how was she going to handle this mess?