Chapter 2

It was Friday morning and I had English first period. Before my classes I had to go to my locker. Today was my lucky day because Grace was standing right next to my locker with all her friends. I tried to avoid them, but I couldn't I had to go to my locker because I had a project in there that was due that day. I hoped that they would leave but the bell was about to ring and they didn't seem like they were going to be moving anytime soon. I finally gained enough courage to just deal with whatever they were going to say to me and go to my locker. The bell was seconds away from ringing and in the distance I saw a boy speeding down the hallway. As he got closer I realized it was Derek, the boy I have a huge crush on. We had first period together. Grace and her friends saw me looking at him and they immediately said "ooh Bethany has a crush." I was so embarrassed because Derek heard them and stopped speed walking.  He turned to Grace and her friends and screamed "STOP!" with much anger in his voice. I could tell he was annoyed with Grace. The girls then giggled and walked away. Derek glanced at me, then walked to English.

I was late of course because of what just happened..I was so embarrassed I wanted to just leave school and go home. I walked into class 3 minutes late and I had to explain what had happened to my teacher, Mrs.Jacobson. She gave me a look like she thought I was lying, so I just went along with it. As the class went on all I could do was stare at Derek, I couldn't believe he finally stood up for me. What confused me was that he just walked away right after. The bell rang to go to second period and I had to go to my locker. Yes, you guessed it Grace and her friends were there again. I wasn't hesitating and I wasn't going to be late again so I just went to my locker, I was terrified. They kept whispering back and forth and giggling every time I moved. I was used to it so it didn't really bother me too much. One of Grace's friends, Angela then said "we should shove her into her locker." "She wouldn't fit shes too fat" Grace said. This bugged me a lot. I just went faster and got everything I needed until lunch so I wouldn't have to run into them again, because they seem to be obsessed with my locker area today.