Chapter 7

Now I know what your probably thinking, Bethany why don't you just go over to his house and talk to him. No. I was the most shy person I knew, that would be an absolute disaster and I didn't want to embarrass myself. I got out my old binder and ripped out a piece of loose leaf paper. I got my blue pen, yes I wrote in blue because  it was Derek's favorite color. I started out by thanking him for calling me sweet and pretty. I also included that we should get together over the next weekend. Then, I had to write about the MySpace page. I wrote, "Thank you for letting me know about the MySpace page, I reported it and it was deleted, thankfully. I really don't know why people hate me so much, I'm not mean to anyone, I mean how could I be I never talked in school." Then I concluded the letter by saying "I really appreciate you writing me back. We should do this more often LOL" I signed my name, stuck it into a blue envelope and sealed it.

That afternoon I had the letter in my pocket and I walked back to Derek's house, but this time, Jonathan was outside. I just decided to give the letter to him to give to Derek, since that's what he did with Derek's letter. I went up to Jonathan and said "Hi, I got the letter Derek gave you to give to me. Thanks for delivering it." Jonathan said, "Yeah no problem! He was to nervous to give it to you himself ha ha." "I have another letter for him, would you mine giving it to him.?" I asked. He said "sure no problem." I started to walk away, when Jonathan said, "need a ride? you have a pretty long walk back and its cold." I kindly rejected, because my mom would freak out if she knew I got into someone else's car without her consent. I then walked back to my house and went straight into my room. I was nervous to see what Derek would write back, or if he would even write back at all.