Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning, and I was really excited to check how my video was doing. I logged on in fear. I was absolutely amazed. My video had already had 7,000 views! I checked the comments and they were all so nice, one girl commented "your so cute, I love this, well done!" Another comment said, "Post more!!" I thought, maybe I will. Other people enjoyed my videos and I loved making them. I checked how many subscribers I had and my jaw dropped. I already had 200 subscribers and it had only been 1 day! I immediately ran downstairs with my laptop in my hands to show my mom and Briddy, my dad was at work. I could see the happiness in their eyes as they saw the numbers. Then, while I was about to run back upstairs, my mom told me that she got a letter from Jonathan, which was Derek's brother. I assumed Derek had read my letter and actually wrote back. I had so many mixed emotions. I went back up into my room threw my laptop onto my desk and jumped into my bed to read the letter. As I opened the letter my body was filled with fear, as well as anxiousness. I saw he had written in pink pen, which was my favorite color. He wrote, "Listen Beth I think your a beautiful girl and I think your so sweet, we should definitely hangout sometime." I was so happy. "I was upset to find out that your never coming back to school again, but luckily we live close, because your smile causes butterflies in my stomach."My heart was beating so fast. I was flattered.Then he continues, "There is something I have to tell you. On MySpace someone created a page dedicated to you...a really bad one. They are calling you really nasty things. When you get a chance please check it out." My heart went from rapid to drowning. I started to cry.

I threw the letter onto my nightstand and logged into MySpace. I was terrified. I typed in the user name that Derek told me and I started to cry a river. They knew about my video. They were calling me disgusting words. I ran down to my mom and showed her what had happened. She recommended I report the account so it gets deleted or I delete my YouTube. There was no way I was deleting my YouTube, because it was something I enjoyed. I reported the page in hopes it would get deleted. It did. I was happy but still torn because someone hated my YouTube video. I went to my favorite YouTubers page, juicystar07 and I looked through her comments and she got a lot of mean things said to her, but it didn't seem to bother her, so I just ignored the MySpace page.

There was one thing left to do, write back to Derek. I had to.