Chapter 9

I waited till the next weekend to give the letter I wrote to Derek, because I didn't want Derek to think I was overly obsessed with him, and plus it was my first week of homeschooling. 

The first day was pretty good, considering I didn't have to wake up as early as I would normally have to if I was in public school. I woke up at around 9 am instead of 6. The best part of the whole homeschooling thing is that there was no Grace. The bad thing is, I have to wait till Saturday to see Derek again. Homeschooling was actually so easy. When I say homeschooling I don't mean my mom or dad taught me, it was on the computer. So  I guess online schooling would be a better term. The day went by pretty fast. I saw the school bus Derek was on and I decided to catch up to him when he got off the bus. This would be my first time talking to him after all of the letters. I said "hey Derek!" "Hey Beth how was your first day of homeschooling?" he asked. "It was actually great!! How was school?" "Eh you know the same thing as every day." He responded. The next few seconds were kind of awkward and then I said, "so was Grace and her friends surprised not to see me?" "No, even though you weren't there they still were calling you pretty harsh things. They "decorated" your locker with pictures of you with uni brows and mustaches. I ripped most of them off at the end of the day." He said. I said, "thank you for being there for me Derek, I cant wait till Saturday!" "Same! OK I gotta get home and do homework because I have a lot. See ya soon!" "Bye Derek!" I shouted.