Chapter 4

About 20 minutes after I was awake, my parents came home from my school. They came up into my room and sat on the edge of my bed. They were smiling from ear to ear. I could only imagine they would be smiling this big if the principal agreed to me being home schooled, and sure enough that is what had happened. I was now able to learn and feel safe in the comfort of my own home without having the feeling of judgment on my back all day, every day. I have never been so happy in my life. I'm so happy I don't ever have to see Grace and her friends again. There's only one downside to all of this. Derek. I wanted to thank him for standing up for me on Friday, but I didn't know how so I got onto the computer and looked up "good ways to thank someone." I know its kind of a cliché thing to Google but I was desperate. The first thing that came up was to give them money, but I just bought a lot of makeup from Mac so I didn't really have any more money left. The next thing that came up was to buy them a gift, one again I didn't really have any money left and I wouldn't be able to give him the gift. The last thing I saw was to write a thank you letter, and that is what I did.

In my letter I told him that I have a crush on him, which was probably a bad idea considering it was a thank you letter and also because I'm probably coming off too strong for the first time I'm really ever talking to him. Next, I thanked him for standing up for me at my locker on Friday. I asked him to maybe right back but I wasn't expecting anything. 

There was one problem..how was I going to get the letter to Derek? I could just walk down the block and give it to his mom, but I couldn't just show up at his house. That would be a bit strange. Then I remembered that he has a mailbox that's down far in the driveway away from his house,so I could just put it in there and Derek's mom would give it to Derek...Perfect!